1. Win a $250 shopping spree at Grasscity.com! To enter subscribe to our youtube channel.
    Dismiss Notice

Sensory Deprivation Tanks

Discussion in 'General' started by EuropeanVW, Mar 11, 2004.

1. Anyone ever heard of these? Or better yet, even been in one? I think it sounds awesome, being totally cut off from everything just having thoughts race through your head. I want to try one badly, but have no idea how I'd go about finding a place which provides them.

Anyone got experience with em?

2. "Whoa! Sensory deprivation kicks ass!"
    -Homer

thats about as much as i know! but would love to try it after seeing that episode! :)

3. google'd it and found a bunch of cool links, even a story on erowid. sounds real interesting. i remember seeing a little bit of the movie minority report, did they have things like this in that movie?

4. See the movie Altered States. See it right now.

5. I tried it twice. My neighbor at home is one of those pseudo hippies. Once I went in just fine for about an hour. And its very difficult to not just let your mind wander.

But once, he smoked me up and I got in there, and there NOTHING to distract you from CRAZY thoughts. Typically I envision my own death on shrooms or something like that, but I totally had an experience like that with just weed.

They're cool I guess. My neighbor paid like 2000 bucks for it (water runs through it too, so there s filter and shit). I'd never actually pay for one.

6. ^^^

Depending on where you live, theres places you can goto an pay to do it. Ranges from like 40 - 100 dollars an hour or so.

7. Yeah, I'm sure you can control what music gets played. Personally, I think silence might be best. Shit'd be a trip, not knowing how long you've been down there or anything. Make sure to get mad blazed beforehand, let the thoughts really flow.

8. Or bring in a lighter and pipe, and hobox the shit out of it!!!

9. ^hahahha im laughing so hard from that shit.

personally, i'd do it high and listen to Tool...but that's me.

Grasscity Deals Near You