Senators declare ‘American Experiment’ dead; move to new system of government

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by oltex, Nov 27, 2011.

1. Senators declare ‘American Experiment' dead; move to new system of government
    DrugWarRant / Pete Guither / 11,27,2011

Senators apparently decide the U.S. Constitution, individual rights, and limits on government are “quaint concepts” in this post-911-opportunity world.

ACLU
    The Senate is going to vote on whether Congress will give this president-and every future president - the power to order the military to pick up and imprison without charge or trial civilians anywhere in the world. [...]
    The power is so broad that even U.S. citizens could be swept up by the military and the military could be used far from any battlefield, even within the United States itself.
    The worldwide indefinite detention without charge or trial provision is in S. 1867, the National Defense Authorization Act bill, which will be on the Senate floor on Monday. The bill was drafted in secret by Sens. Carl Levin (D-Mich.) and John McCain (R-Ariz.) and passed in a closed-door committee meeting, without even a single hearing.

Unfortunately, this is attached to a must-pass Defense bill. Senators need to vote for an amendment to strip this passage from the bill.

It's about the drug war; it's about the war on terror; it's about opportunistic authoritarians looking to seize power.

We are in more danger from those who take away our rights in the name of security than we are from terrorists and drug lords.

Write your Senator. Now.

I posted the original article in the politics forum or you can read it at the ACLU link in this posting. And make no mistake,,the drug warriors will use this just as they have used every terrorist law passed since 9/1/1 to put more Americans in prison,,now they will be able to add political prisoners and dissidents to the prison system,,without a trial.

2. now that's some scary stuff.

3. Every politician who votes for this should be charged with treason and hung immediately.

4. Well, time to start looking for a country to flee to in the next few years...

5. ummm... what the FUCK is this!??!?!

not cool. time for some term limits and new representatives

6. The scariest part is they worked all this up in secret,,and will be voting on it Monday or Tuesday,,,in the back of my mind is the thought that at least one or more p[oliticians in the Senate will filibuster against this,,but I worry that there won't be.

7. Wtf why it gets worse everyday doesn't it.

8. Buy your guns now...

9. Now that I think about it, fuck it. Let them try it. It'll take the population a step away from peaceful protest and a step toward violent uprisings, so fucking bring it.

Not really though, this is fucked,

10. I'm not a man of god, but every day I pray that the masses will awaken from their slumber and rise up with fury of a people scorned. And in that fire we will throw off the shackles of tyranny and restore a liberty not seen in a long long time.....

The time to get violent is now! When people stop being pushed around and start plugging pigs i'll load up and join the struggle :mad:

11. We are living in truly scary times...When do we decide that peaceful protests only get us so far, and decide to rise up against this tyranny?? OWS looks good on TV, but in reality it will not change anything. Anyone who disagrees, I'll meet you back at this thread in a year's time.........

12. 2012 anyone?

13. you are probably right. its a psychological thing really. we have grown so accustomed to others providing services for us that we will not even service ourselves. We just sit around watching tv, thinking that if someone else starts first then you might join in. it really is as sheeple as that.

14. news flash folks, presidents dont decide or declare wars, you're delusional if you actually think they do :p

its never been more clear that our government is bought and paid for , :rolleyes:

15. Holy shit I just wrote to my senator. This is not good. Every damn month something else happens in this country where I'm ever more convinced that I need to just run to Canada. Our civil liberties are a joke.

16. I am feeling more Australian every day.:(

17. I think Switzerland is looking better and better everyday.

18. it sounds like to me the enemies of freedom have infiltrated into all branches of government. this is a good way of defeating a country without firing a bullet.

The Bush family is the culprit. Ol grandaddy Bush was a Nazi.

19. The protesters are protesting the wrong people. They need to get off Wall St., and start occupying Congress and the White House. People who can't make it to Washington need to start crowding around the buildings of their local branches of government. We the people do have the right to overthrow, and replace our government. It's time we started exercising that right.