Self defense weapons legal in the uk?

Discussion in 'General' started by KushCaptain, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Hey everyone I recently moved to a bad part of Glasgow, Since Being here I have had people chase me at least once a week, Its normally at night and one time I am sure that I seen One of the men wielding a large blade. I can fight pretty well but Knifes are new to me, I would be seriously fucked if one of these men was to catch me. I'm starting to get worried for my safety. I am wondering if anyone on here has any experience with Self defense weapons that are legal in the UK.

Thanks guys :D

2. Good god, both pepper spray and tasers are illegal in the UK? What the hell, guys?!

I guess the only thing left is a knife, but in the UK it can't have a blade longer than 3 inches.

So I guess get yourself a nice paring knife and pare them to death. :hide:

3. Pretty sure you're allowed pepper spray and shit like that, and knives under a certain length. Pretty much nothing ahaha. You can have a longer knife but you need to have a valid excuse to have it (for your job etc.).

4. Get a gun oh wait

5. #5 Iceni Toker, Nov 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2012
    Lol, self defense in the UK.

Who needs to defend themselves when you have the police? :rolleyes:

We should be allowed to carry non-lethal weapons around because everybody has a right to self defense, but this right is useless if you're unable to do so.

A friend of mine used to walk the street with a machete down his trousers lol, but when the police stopped him for it he quit, although he was like 17 at the time.

6. Possession of pepper spray is illegal in the UK.

I know, right?

7. Woah. I feel a little less safe now ahaha.

8. Since your in the UK I suggest you get a pair of PF Flyers

guaranteed to make a kid run faster and jump higher

[​IMG]

Or move somewhere that allows you to defend yourself.

9. Okay, now this is just getting ridiculous. :laughing:

10. OP, it seems you're gonna have to use an unconventional weapon, like a TV remote or a big ass dildo. Maybe a BB gun.

11. Or some kind of disguised weapon... E-mails from an Asshole

12. Mmmhmm weren't you the Scottish Amish guy that was giving up his technology to go back to the Amish?

Trolololololo

13. You know, at this point, I think I would just consider carrying one of these on you!

[​IMG]

People committing crimes don't generally like loud noises that might bring attention to them, and if they get too close, you can blast it in their ear!

...I'm only half joking.

14. Not a huge fan of Cold Steel. But, I do like their walking sticks. Maybe one would suit you.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJvLNkFzblQ]Irish Blackthorn Walking Stick - YouTube[/ame]

15. Damn it would be badass to defend yourself against a stupid angry teen with this thing.

Ezio Auditore Da Florence, motherfucker.

[​IMG]

16. I lived in Lambeth and then a shady part of Hackney for quite some time. But I'd sooner live in London than Glasgow - I got the beat up the first and only time I went.

How about dog spray? Like dosed down pepper spray? I'm not sure of the legality, but I knew people who used to carry it. Carrying anything for the purpose of using it as a "weapon" is illegal, but there are always grey areas.

And just as a fun fact for any of you yanks who don't know. Not even cops in the UK are armed.

17. And I'm glad they're not. I see it as a good thing and I'm sure most other UK residents would agree.

Although in airports and central London there's plenty of police walking around with H+K MP5's and stuff.

18. Knowing the UK, blow horns are probably illegal for excess sound.

In case a dangerous criminal runs up on you with his 3 inch knife, just cowbell.
    [​IMG]