seized package

Discussion in 'General Forum Feedback' started by ek9steven, Dec 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ok so I am not going to say the site I ordered a water pipe from but it was seized and I am wondering if a waterpipe is considered contraband...do you think its worth it to contact customs to try and get my stuff???

[​IMG]

here is the law concerning if something is considered contraband
    a) Definition.— In this section, “contraband” means—
    (1) a narcotic drug (as defined in section 102 of the Comprehensive Drug Abuse Prevention and Control Act of 1970 (21 U.S.C. 802)), including marihuana (as defined in section 102 of that Act (21 U.S.C. 802)), that—
    (A) is possessed with intent to sell or offer for sale in violation of the laws and regulations of the United States;
    (B) is acquired, possessed, sold, transferred, or offered for sale in violation of those laws;
    (C) is acquired by theft, robbery, or burglary and transported—
    (i) in the District of Columbia or a territory or possession of the United States; or
    (ii) from a place in a State, the District of Columbia, or a territory or possession of the United States, to a place in another State, the District of Columbia, or a territory or possession; or
    (D) does not bear tax-paid internal revenue stamps required by those laws or regulations;
    (2) a firearm involved in a violation of chapter 53 of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 (26 U.S.C. 5801 et seq.);
    (3) a forged, altered, or counterfeit—
    (A) coin or an obligation or other security of the United States Government (as defined in section 8 of title 18); or
    (B) coin, obligation, or other security of the government of a foreign country;
    (4) material or equipment used, or intended to be used, in making a coin, obligation, or other security referred to in clause (3) of this subsection;
    (5) a cigarette involved in a violation of chapter 114 of title 18 or a regulation prescribed under chapter 114; or
    (6)
    (A) a counterfeit label for a phonorecord, copy of a computer program or computer program documentation or packaging, or copy of a motion picture or other audiovisual work (as defined in section 2318 of title 18);
    (B) a phonorecord or copy in violation of section 2319 of title 18;
    (C) a fixation of a sound recording or music video of a live musical performance in violation of section 2319A of title 18; or
    (D) any good bearing a counterfeit mark (as defined in section 2320 of title 18).

after reading this, is my tobacco water pipe considered contraband????

ahould I try and get my things from customs???

2. they can take it if it\'s called a \"bong\", instead of a waterpipe

3. Damn man,you should tell us the name of the site so no one else loses their purchase.
    Sorry for your loss,I\'m surprised they can confiscate brand new paraphenillia.

4. Damn that sux man, Id prolly let em have it and not worry about it. I mean you dont really want to draw attention to yourself do you?

5. That\'s an good point. :)

6. danm al these seized bu cutoms threads are scaring the shit outta me

7. wow, that sucks. you should definitely post the site or tell them that it\'s happening so no one else gets their pipes taken.

8. let the place where you bought it from know and show them a copy of the letter. they might just resend another one.

9. I just ordered a \"water pipe\" from the internet. You should tell us what site it was, don\'t protect a site that can\'t properly send a \"water pipe.\"

But that sucks, I hope it wasn\'t a Christmas present :(

10. for real man, what company did you order from? i am waiting on an order that i placed almost 14 days ago and it contained a waterpipe as well..still nothing!

11. ^^ I knew it. Let me guess, you clicked on the \"Bongs\" section and not the \"Water pipes\" section.

12. I bet you grasscity will sent you another one, unless they aren\'t human.

13. nope, grasscity has a line of text burried in the land of rules that says your shit out of luck.

14. yo that\'s absolute bullshit, if that shit cost over $100 (and you don\'t grow) I would definitely give them shit. Say it was a gift for a collector or something, even if it is called a bong, a name is a fucking name; there was nothing illegal on or in the piece so they shouldn\'t have been able to take it.

15. man..i feel for you. Where i live (SD) shops cant sell glass pieces, so if you want one you have to drive a few hundred miles to pick up a piece...so allot of the time ordering online is our only option, i\'ll be scratching grass city off my list of potential sites to buy from though, if they at least offered a refund it would be diff.:mad:

16. man thats BS. when i got my bong from EDIT....it showed up like 2 weeks faster than GC and customs didnt take it.....it was also cheaper =]

17. i just got my GC order today, everything is a-ok. my package has a sticker on the outside of the box w/info for customs on it...but it doesnt look like it was opened at all. I had just ordered a small waterpipe and some screens..got it fine though!

18. Haha, well, that\'s some dick shit on GC\'s part. Well, I guess we really shouldn\'t buy from GC considering they don\'t give a fuck if your shit is copped. EDIT ftw.

19. Take the shit to court. Its our right as americans to own property. The supreme court loves that shit. You have the oppertunity to get a big win for the pot smokers of the united states on your hands.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.