Seen It All Now, Ask And Ye shall Receive

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Proaskme, Sep 28, 2010.

1. okay thats no problem, i was basicly just wondering if you could shed some light on if that setup was decent to use for 1 plant, i might buy 2 of them and try 2 plants cause its my first grow ever. Its a simple 1 bucket DWC system for about 50 bucks. or would an Ebb and Grow system be better.

Attached Files:

2. You say that you're growing for the 4th time, how many grows have you successfully taken to a fruitful, healthy harvest?

What nutrient lines have you used since you've started growing?

How do you check ph / ppm's in the system if you can't take the top off of the bin?

How will you know if there's a problem with the roots before its too late?

Will you be starting a grow journal and posting pictures of your set up and plants?

3. First was only one that had a lot of throw out due to mold but all have finished. Some strains in one multi strain grow were over done but as I said most were ok.
    I use Botanicare and GH three part. I understand why you ask but you must understand that I have looked at them all from ingredients to price and have seen the results of so many grows posted and by comparison my buds and yields are fantastic. So don't have to waste my money testing others anymore with so many posts of others.
    The veg tubs I make holes for 3" net pots and leave one bigger that I cover for my hand to fit down deep enough in. Hold buttons work great on testers.
    With the roots, well you can just pick em up and look, they hang down in net pots remember. Have never had an issue under t5's in veg and they are only there for 30 days before moving to bloom anyway so if you have lots of root issues in that time you are not going to improve that by opening the top for some unknown reason..
    Would love to show off my ladies but the posting of pics on here seems to be asking for access to my computer and I won't give it.. I have also asked for the steps for posting just to make sure I am getting the right info and don't get any responses. Yes I have read the faq but when I tried to post once it seems I remember it asking to access my system and ok then what am I missing??

4. Test test.

Lets see now..

Attached Files:

5. I don't see yours on here??

6. Ill vouch for her...:wave::D
    Im not sure how many grows i have kinda lost track ...

7. No worries ...youve come to the right place..
    i replied to your other thread..

8. #32 doinYoda, Oct 1, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2010
    Sorry man, it seems that you got skipped over, so I'll help you out :)

Yes, the 1 bucket set up is fine for 1 plant :) If you're into doing DIY, you can buy the parts and make it at a lower cost :smoke: There are a few how to's on building bubble bucket set ups in the DIY section, there's a link to one of them in my sig that could be modified for use with less plants.

Ebb and Grow (E&F) is perfectly fine too - both are very good hydro methods IMO, but I personally prefer bubble buckets.

edit: I see Budslinger is already helping you in another thread

9. :poke:.....:poke::D:wave:

10. Ok sorry got confused with my issues. By the way took four buds down, will chop all the rest now, wanted to wait but oh well. Of four they weigh with 3"s of stem a peice 243 grams. Will weigh like 60% less when dry I am guessing.? As for your set up yes bubble buckets are just basically the same as my veg tubs. Stick some PVC together, drill some holes and thread them with a drill bit made to do that for the size sprayers, have that info later if you want sizes of bits/spray heads ect.. Can take a sprayer head to home depot and ask them for the bits for making the threaded size you need for them to use in pvc. air pump and water pumps cost $. Petsmart has em.... Where you get $50 from I don't know. Think more but if you do it yourself around $70.. One of mine. Grow 18 clones in an 18 gallon to 14"s tall... Get around 12 out. two or three usually don't grow as good... But I am sure These guys will direct you to the best DWC bubble bucket way to go...

e

11. i thought you said the trichomes were still clear...
    why did you chop:confused:

12. #36 Proaskme, Oct 1, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2010
    Only took 4 so far. Supposed to be finished in 9 days anyway and well the white flies are gaining on em.. Don't think they can do much in 2 weeks but they have been there for some time and now making a strong come back... What would leaving them with just straight water do you think at this point for the next/last 9 days or so?? Sorry. Trics mostly cloudy, found some amber today, not much. Of four buds cut weighed 243 grams all together. Don't know if I should wait for more ambers to show up in last 9 10 days? Remember white flies making head way in numbers.. Took them down a few weeks back with neem spray, never hurt before and got rid of mites like magice but these flies are a whole nother matter. Does not kill the eggs, not sure where the flying adults went, maybe it killed them, but now they are coming back strong and flying again into yellow sticky cards MostThanks for the advice too....:wave

13. White flies:

Management of heavy whitefly infestations is very difficult. Whiteflies are not well controlled with any available insecticides. The best strategy is to prevent problems from developing in your garden to the extent possible. In many situations, natural enemies will provide adequate control of whiteflies; outbreaks may occur if natural enemies that provide biological control of whiteflies are disrupted by insecticide applications, dusty conditions, or interference by ants. Avoid or remove plants that repeatedly host high populations of whiteflies. In gardens, whitefly populations in the early stages of population development can be held down by a vigilant program of removing infested leaves, vacuuming adults, or hosing down (syringing) with water sprays. Aluminum foil or reflective mulches can repel whiteflies from vegetable gardens and sticky traps can be used to monitor or, at high levels, reduce whitefly numbers. If you choose to use insecticides, insecticidal soaps or oils such as neem oil may reduce but not eliminate populations.

What to do??? Leave em to amber or not??????? HELP ADVICE PLEASE....

14. yeah...leave em if ya want buds that get ya high:smoke:

15. Wait I'm confused.. I thought I could come here and ask questions, but the person that is answering them is asking questions and chopped their bud too soon? Very confusing:confused:

Just playing man.. Had to do it.. I had white flies at the beginning of my grow and I found that bonide tomato and vegetable spray worked wonders in vegging. It is for organic gardening and can be used up to day of harvest for tomato's, but I don't know if I would try that with weed in flowering..

That would have to be a judgment call, but it could be possible.. Bad part for me is I wiped them out of growing room for them to be moved around my house.. At least the grow is safe and sound..

Also try to avoid long paragraphs.. I kept getting lost in all the text..

Hope it gets taken care of and keep'em tight man.. Happy token

16. Hey Pro,

Question.. what are your thoughts about Bud Mold?

Specifically.... if you removed 99.25% along with the rotting vegetation, process includes fast dried your batch after breaking up 'large' buds into smaller

(3 days vented but mostly closed recirculating hepa filters with about a pound of exposed calcium chloride)

Would it be safe to smoke? Infestation is barely present, can barely detect with naked eye, 30x loupe mostly.

i know you asked for no links but... the poll is here and the advice would be greatly appreciated

the end product is 90% for friends in need (excluding immune system problems, respiratory disease etc.. )

for no exchange of goods $ or service.