Seen alot of flouro growers...

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by jillielover, Oct 15, 2004.

1. I surf this forum quite often, many times a day, and I noticed that a lot of people are growing with flouroscent lighting, of cfl's. Alot of people's threads convinced me that the vegging in cfl's would be pretty damn good. But I got a lot of cfl's and it didn;t really take off, so to say.... But anyway, what are some of the methods you use/have used to produce very good bud from , using some kind of flouroscent lighting.... ( I just find it so much more less a hassle to use flouro opposed to HID lighting.)

But anyway, Any flouro reader, just post what kind of grow setup you are using, or ones you've heard that are successful... Might even put a pole at the top....

2. If you have HID lights... depending on wattage, but I would reccomend HID over flouros for sure on veggin, for damn sure... use CFL as supp. if ya want.. but HID is worth "the extra hassle" by far...

p.s. what wattage is your HID..

3. I'd agree that hps id the best for flowering alright,but the best for vegging?? no way,Thet work fine for vegging alright but daylight spec floro's are completely in the blue spectrum which is best for vegging ;)
    Even metal halides are approx around 4000k like cool white floro's!
    I think theres a 125/200w 6500k envirolite CFL as well which seems to give sick results ;)
    But for flowering i'd still go with the hps for sure! ;)
    I built a cfl box as well, its in the growroom design & setup forum, 'Da Blueprintz' its called!
    Good luck!
    CWL

Attached Files:

4. Nice info man!!!

5. This thread was more to hear from people who are growing with cfl, rather than telling us why it isn't good. I allready know that cfls aren't as good as hid lighting, but HID just isn't a possiblity for everyone, including myself. So, what I want to know is, who else on this site usesFlouro, and what kind of results have you gotten?

6. im vedgin with clfs right now and their coming along very nicely.

7. lol.. just checked back on this thread and I must have been toasted :D you should take everything HID I said in my post and replace with 'MH' hehe.. dunno what I was trying to say here, and why I thought he had some 'MH' lights.. but basically just listen to what CWL said.. although MH are [generally] better than flouro for veggin, but if you can't do it flouros are great to grow with! :D

-spliff