Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Seemingly Exact Same Pattern

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Lynchings, Mar 9, 2010.

1. I'm personally not saying anything bad about marijuana or it's medicinal use AT ALL. It just seems that there is a pattern when it comes to some drugs: They are first hailed as miracle cures for several things, and then maybe a decade later after widespread use and abuse, they are hailed as dangerous. Alcohol, Tobacco, Cocaine, Heroine, Opium, Amphetamine, maybe more, all followed this pattern.

Obviously, this is most likely going to be a completely one-sided response from you guys. But, I was just curious as to your guys' take on this. Do you think marijuana may be a part of this pattern? Don't forget, all those drugs did wonderful, amazing things just like Marijuana seems to be doing wonderful, amazing things.

2. And then the government steps in and starts regulating things and telling you what you can and cannot have.

3. whats this snap for ? [​IMG]

4. All those substances you listed are worst for you then marijuana. Every single one of them is habit forming, marijuana is not. You can "use and abuse" marijuana and nothing bad will come from it. I have done it for 6 years. Now if that was H, coke, meth, even alcohol, It would be a different story. We have known how great mj is for pretty much forever

5. Truth!

People have been smoking weed (for recreational and medicinal reasons) for thousands of years. Plus we now know most effects of most drugs. Its been proven that all the drugs you mentioned have multiple negative effects. However, weed doesnt have that evidence. In fact it has evidence supporting that it doesn't have as many negative effects.

i dunno if that makes sense, just finished a wake 'n bake :smoking:

6. lol, ditto!

7. when they used coke, heroin etc as medicine there was little knowledge on the real effects but with marijuana and the hundreds of studies done, i'm sure it will not follow the same pattern. apart from that they are all habit forming but marijuana isn't. from personal experience, been smoking heavily for 2 years then stopped immediately and i got no sort of side effect or problems that got me back smoking.

8. I think that in the past many dangerous drugs have been hailed as miracle cures because of misinformation and lack of knowledge about long-term effects and what they do to the body. But in this age, we have more and more information at our disposal. The chances that we're wrong about "the miracle drug" seem to be decreasing as we gain more information. and I do believe that mj is that drug.