Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

seeking no dreams...

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by ReallyRed, Sep 25, 2010.

1. no way thats impossible to dream you need light stimulation or something, forgive me for not being technical but it cant be possible

2. That's completely false. It's well established that blind people dream. I'm not sure where you get your information but it's incorrect.

3. Dreams aren't only visible, bro. Other senses are involved.

4. my whole world is falling apart, forgive my ignorance i just recalled googling that question not to long ago and getting the answer that they do not

5. Yea i smoke everyday and hardly dream (or remember it as i've read).
    And when i do they are wierd as fuck lol
    The other night i had a dream, but nothing moved the entire time,

It was just a peice of paper, sitting like on a school desk(judging by the lighting), and in the middle it said - faq - in my handwriting...wtf it seemed like 20 minutes then i woke up kinda scared lol

6. Fuck I gotta take a break so I can start remembering my dreams again!!
    Dreams are some of the most incredible things/

7. I had this dream last night, where I was staring at myself, and I couldn't move my head. and my window was open and so were my blinds.
    it lasted a bit, and then I woke up and was like "wtf?"

Then I went back to sleep after I took a piss and I was havin this bad ass dream where I was murkn so many people on call of duty on crossfire, sniping everyone's head no doubt. Then the map was changing and I said "what map is it?"
    "BZ" everyone replied
    I said "Fuck that, I'm done playing"
    and I woke up.

Went back to sleep and I was playing call of duty on the letters "BZ"
    it was pretty awesome, yet weird at the same time.
    haha

8. I had a weiiiird dream too. I was actually depressed during the dream.

There was this girl that I went out with for a while in high school. I hadn't seen or spoken to her since then but she was really cool and cute. When I saw her in my dream, she was acting really strange and wouldn't look at me or pay attention to anything. Her friend told me that she had gotten in a fight with some dude in high school and she ended up getting hit in the head and getting brain damage. I know that seems like a weird scenario now (a guy fighting a girl) but it didn't during the dream. I felt really sad for her and depressed that she'd never be the same or like she was in high school.

Then I woke up at 3AM and had to look her up on facebook just to make sure nothing like that happened.

9. I've heard that a lot of people that smoke before they go to sleep don't dream. I on the other hand, tend to have better dreams and at the same rate of my sober sleeping. I enjoy dreaming and I'm glad that smoking doesn't have the same effect on me that it does with many others.

10. Actually I've found I dream more after getting high, and get better rest.

I think that's because I have depression and depression causes too much REM sleep that is not actually restful anymore. ( as sighted here) Bedfellows: Insomnia and Depression | Psychology Today

If you sleep in the REM stage for too long, it's actually exhausting and prevents adequate rest. Well pot cuts out some rem sleep, allowing me to have a better rest and remember my dreams more as well.

And as others have said, I think pot may simply decrease the NEED for rem sleep, rather than cause a deficiency. ;)

11. Cannabis i think i read somewhere increases melatonin levels by up to %4000 percent.
    If melatonin is too high it will suppress R.E.M sleep, which is the stage of sleep we dream in.

just smoke alot of weed before bedtime, hope this helps :smoke:

12. Absolutely; I'll remember bits and pieces for the first hour after I wake up, but they really do fade as time goes on if I had smoked the night before.

But if you wanna have vivid ass dreams, even if you have smoked plenty, start drinking a Drank during a burn session before bed. I woke up emotionally disturbed the yesterday morning from one of those! :hello:

13. smoke everyday off reg and you wont have dreams.. lol it works for me

Edit: Before anyone flames, I use the reg right before bed, and I love the headies for daytime sessions

14. I used to be the kind of person that remembered almost every part of every dream I had in a night.
    I've been smoking for about 4 years and ever since I started I don't remember any dreams. I'll remember a dream maybe once every few weeks.
    It must have something to do with REM bc I do not have any trouble at all with short term memory loss - I go to classes high all the time and memory is no problem

15. just want to pop in and say thanks for the advise. got a pickup from my guy and it helped me to not remember the dreams/nightmares i've had.

thanks again! y'all are awesome