Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Seeking Advice

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by KillerKush87, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Hello guys and gals:wave:, here is my problem. I have had lower back pain for over ten years. Just recently found out that I have degenerative and bulging disks which cause nerve pain all the way down to me feet. My pain is constant. I have been seeing a pain manager and physical therapist. I have two problems. I have an un-supportive wife (for the use of cannabis), and my state does not offer medical cards. I am not seeking advice about how to convince my wife, but just letting you know the deal. She doesnt like it for whatever reason. She has such a bad image of it and thinks its the worst thing in the world. I have been trying so hard to convince her to let me use it to help ease my pain naturally. I have been prescribed pain killers for quite some time, and I do not like taking them, I want something natural. I dont understand why she thinks its okay to take harmful opiates but not something I can pop a seed in the ground and grows in the earth.. Anyway, I have basically convinced her in every way other than the legality of it. For that reason is why she doesnt want it around or me to use. Now is where I need assistance. First of all does anyone live in a non-medical state that maybe has gotten a recommendation from a doctor? Obviously nothing that says it is "legal" for you to grow but kind of protect you if you were to get caught, basically saying you are using for yourself and not to sell. Also, since I am seeing my pain manager tomorrow, I think it is time to bring up what I want to do. She wants to give me spinal injections and I want no part in that!! Is there anything I can say to her that will maybe lead her to writing me a type of recommendation? This way my wife will feel okay with it, and maybe I will be able to start getting the relief I deserve. Is this completely unheard of or do I have any chance at all?? Thanks for your help and for taking time to read my post.

2. #2 scrambledegg81, Dec 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2012
    The best cure for ignorance is education. Sit her down, tell her that you've been researching alternative medicines and this seems to be a viable option. It might be prudent for you to purchase a few books and watch a few movies on marijuana before approaching her, as they would be great to back up your points with. Be sure to mention to her that it's physically impossible to OD on cannabis, and that it's not only non-addictive, but provides relief for literally hundreds of medical ailments. (You may want to show her the medical compendium on this page that Granny, aka StormCrow, put together.)

Important point: don't get angry if she's upset with your choice. It was hard enough for me to accept that the dreaded green plant actually had medicinal use in the first place, but after using it for not only the basis of 2 collegiate research papers but also to improve my sight and A1C levels (type 1 diabetic with moderate non-proliferative retinopathy & astigmatism), I've come to accept that there are bigger things involved in the prohibition of marijuana that have nothing to do with reality or medical evidence. To prove your point, you have to provide evidence and be prepared for a backlash.

3. I'd also advise using The Union as a starting point. The first 15-20 minutes basically destroys every known argument against marijuana with fact-based evidence.

4. Your input is very much appreciated. We watched the union, I told her literally everything you just said, I'm getting somewhere though, she is getting cooler with it every time we talk. The main concern is what do I tell/ask my doctor today at my appointment? Any advice there?

5. [quote name='"KillerKush87"']Your input is very much appreciated. We watched the union, I told her literally everything you just said, I'm getting somewhere though, she is getting cooler with it every time we talk. The main concern is what do I tell/ask my doctor today at my appointment? Any advice there?[/quote]

If you're in a nonmedical state, your doctor can't write any recommendation, and if they did it wouldn't help you out in the slightest, and would possibly just get them in trouble. Sorry, but there's nothing to do there.

6. I was expecting to hear that, well not much I can do but either wait for my state to approve it, move to another state, or convince my brainwashed wife that its fine to do anyway :)

7. find a good connect from a medical state man. theres no reason why you should have to live in pain and without bud

8. #8 KillerKush87, Dec 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2012
    What could they do? If I live in a non-medical state, doesn't it not count if I have an out of state card anyway?

Edit: just looked it up and Oregon is only state that accepts out-of-state patients. It's not possible to apply without physically being there is it? Even if it worked, would it even matter living in NC?

9. well i just meant someone with access to medical grade bud but if the oregon thing worked thatd be sick. how could you go to dispensaries then though if you dont live there?

10. Well the bad thing is if you have a card, you can only grow in Oregon. I think legally I'm allowed to use and possess in NC, and possibly purchase online from a dispensary if need be. Also, Some states accept out-of-state cards to buy it.

11. I would grow here anyway and even though it isn't "legal", it would still (most likely) provide backup if something should happen. Most that would probably happen is confiscation.

If PA hurries up, I can for sure get accepted there as I have a resident address there as well, which is required by all states except Oregon and possibly Maryland (laws are not written yet).