Seeking advice on a seed that germinated to fast!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Shhamus, Sep 19, 2012.

1. I did a search, and I found a ton of threads on the process of germinating but nothing pertinent to my question.

So I'm getting close to harvest my current grow (indoor hydro), I've recently switched to all water and Im thinking I have like a week left plus or minus. In light of this I started germinating my next strain, every other time I germinated (4 times total so far) it took about 10 days until I would transfer into my hydro cab.

There was never enough growth with the old strain I was using that the seedling would 'outgrow' the tupperware i use when germinating (in RW cubes). I started the new germination (new strain) a few days ago, and I just checked on it and its already a few inches out of the rockwool mashing up against the lid! I couldnt believe my eyes and I'm not sure what to do, my cab is still being utilized for the final days of flowering and I don't have anywhere else to put this little girl. It's a new strain so I suppose its in its nature to germ like this as opposed to what I'm used to. For now I placed the tupperware minus its lid in an empty cooler and put the cooler lid mostly on (not entirely) and placed it in a dark closet, hoping this will allow the seedling to stretch out and not die before I can transplant.

Does anyone think this will be ok for a few more days or should I be worried about getting it under light ASAP? The only other option I see on my plate is ending my current grow sooner than I would like and making room for this one… any thoughts or advice is appreciated.