Seeing The Light

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by AyYoBurt, Apr 1, 2011.

1. What you are about to read was/is easily the scariest thing I've ever dealt with in my life, well so far at least.

I was only 15 at the time, a freshman in HS. I was so intrigued about getting high was like that I asked a few people I knew what some cheap ways were to get high, not yet introduced to the awesomeness of Green yet. I got so many different answers, but one that came up a few times was Duster; cheap, quick high that can be purchased just about anywhere.

Well I tried it and found myself enjoying it for whatever reason at this point is beyond me. One day a friend of mine and I were sitting in her basement huffing some Duster. She took about 2 hits and that was about it for her, I on the otherhand had to be macho dumbass and proceeded to inhale the rest of the can, so I did. In about 5-10 minutes the can was nearly empty, I was taking what I assumed was one of the last few hits and all of a sudden I collapsed.

My whole body went numb, ice cold to the touch. I was shaking terribly and was grinding my teeth so hard that it hurt. My vision becoming blurred more and more, yet got so bright it was almost blinding. Breathing was deep but shallow, gasping for each breath. My friend in pure shock grabbed ahold of me to keep me warm and tried to stop my shaking.

After about 10 minutes, which seemed like a eternity for me, I was able to get my breathing under control, the shaking had calmed for the most part, vision returned completely, the shivering cold had started to warm up. After calmed down I broke down into hysterics about what had just occurred.

Honestly the most terrifying moment of my life for I truly thought that those moments were going to be my last and Duster being the stupidest thing I'll ever do in my life I'm sure. Since that day I haven't touched a can of Duster.

2. Sounds like a fun time:rolleyes:

3. Oh yeah, it was...up until that point XD

4. #4 That Engineer, Apr 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2011
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Live and learn i guess

6. Huffing is terrible for you in general. And the lights that you were seeing were due to the oxygen deprivation that your body was undergoing. You basically almost choked to death, smoke green man. Duster isn't meant to be inhaled, ganja is.

7. Yeah, I knew it was terrible for me beforehand, just that "I'm not gonna quit till something bad happens" mentality I have. I've learned that the Green is the only thing worth inhaling in life anyhow, aside from air :p

8. That's good man, live and learn from past mistakes, it happens to the best of us. Glad to hear you learned your lesson, and I hope you don't do it anymore :)

9. Yeah, I did learn my lesson for sure haha. I adhere to a strict inhalation of the Green only. :smoke:

10. It felt like said train hit me for the next day or two after it.