Seedsman seeds Ata Tundra Review

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by leafsforever3, Oct 5, 2008.

1. #1 leafsforever3, Oct 5, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2008
    As some of you know I grew Ata Tundra this year. I was expecting an early finisher as their website says that it takes only 6 weeks to flower, and it's good in cold climates! Great I thought, a perfect strain for Nova Scotia. I was WRONG.

These things took 4 weeks longer than ANY of my friends grows to START to flower.. this means I ended up with a bunch of premature useless bud after growing these for 6 months (2 inside, 4 outside).

The bud smells potent but needed about 4 more weeks to mature and fill in..

If you live in a cold climate and have frost to worry about towards the end of the season like I do.. DO NOT buy this strain.. it's useless. :mad:

I feel the description of this strain on Seedsman Seed's part is VERY wrong and misleading.. I can't help but be upset over this.

Also If somebody could point me to an early finishing... good yielder I'd be very greatful.

2. Sorry to hear the bad news man.
    Early finishers would be : "early girl", "early misty", " early queen","early pearl",northern lights, white widow which are all hybrids I think and finish early normally (look up GreenHouse Seeds, Nirvana, Sensi, Flying Dutchman, Mandala, Serious seeds etc... check them out at the supplier Dr. Chronics for example). You also have 100% indicas that finish earlier than sativas: afghani, hashplant, for outdoors. Some indicas are for indoors so be careful (aurora indica, masterkush... but they probably can make it outside -don't know)
    The growers sometimes say 6 weeks for indoors but maybe never grew them outside and even less where you are. The best IMO is to ask friends in your area for what strains work well and finish early. You can also ask strain questions in the strain section at GC!

Peace

3. Hi there. I would advice you too check out dutch passion who in my opinion is the most visionary and relieable breeders out there. They got the good old passion1 and hollands hope, purple1++ and if you check out how far the autogenetics have come thanks to dutch passion its really unneccesary to grow photodependant strains.
    I was really against autos after trying a few years ago but if you check out the pioneering work of dutch passion now u wil be very surprised. Earlier one could expect autos to be unrelieable not that potent and very small yields on.
    Now i dont see any reason to not go for autos as they are just as potent relieable and even more yields on in the same amount of time.
    You can check numerous grow reviews with proofs of from 70grams a plant in 10-13weeks up to many logs with 200-350g pr auto under very good indoor conditions,automazar,think different autoextreme autoultimate autoblueberry blue automazar++ and a special line for bad outdoor conditions with taiga2 tundra2 and frisian dew auto.
    They even launched a naturally adapted high altitude line bred in the high swizz alps adapted over i think it was 7years to do well in thin air cold climates and so on. They are pamir gold and some others.
    Hope this helps and i can promise you they have by far better autos than every other breeder out there.
    Belive what you want,i didnt believe it too be true before trying and now im really convinced and i also live in a cold climate far north in norway. North of the arctic circle infact!

Best of luck

4. One indoor automazar grow even yielded an unbeliveable 900g dried of one plant!
    New world record in about 100days frim seed to dried bud

5. That sucks, I am in NB and have a couple Seedsman Early Durban among others to try this year. Lasts years was bagseed from NS and it didn't start to flower till the end of August. They beefed up pretty quick and got chopped in the middle of October.

We have it rough in these parts, the longer days hurt us for flowering, thens there's the 100% humidity most of the time oh don't forget the chance of frost in June and September lol. I almost fortgot to mention the amount of rain we get too! Theres still 2-3ft of snow in my backyard.
    Like others have said, look for indica dominant strains or even autos. 

Good Luck and Happy Gardening!!!