seeds wont germinate :(

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Akujin, Sep 27, 2009.

1. ok so i have a fuckton of bagseed, its all split up into chronic, mids, and shwag. and of course on my first grow im try to germinate some of the chronic seeds, i have done this before without any problem but this time the little shits wont germinate. I started with the paper towel method with aobut 8 seeds, waited a day and no pops. So i busted out a cup and put another 8 for the cup method, also waited about a day and no pops.

i ended up putting the cup seeds in the with the papertowel, dumped out the water and am trying 8 more in the cup with distilled water instead of tap. Im keeping both batches in the waterheater closet up high for a warm dark place, the paper towel in a bag gets all nice and greenhousey, but still NO POPS

wtf am i doing wrong, i have germed from these seeds not 3 months ago??

2. I use the papertowel method, but I leave them for about 3 days. I reciently did it, and had 1 pop on day 1, one on day 2, and 2 on day 3. Their not going by your time, have have to wait and give them their time.

3. scrap the outside of the seed before you germinate. that will make it easier to sprout

4. Try putting a few seeds in a zip lock bag with two water saturated cotton balls. And once a day poke the cotton balls. I have germinated seeds like this before, hope it works.

5. put yur seeds in a matchbox with some emery cloth shake it around slightly scratching the seeds then soak them for 12 to 24 hrs in a hydroproxide mix. then i plant a half 1/4 to 1/2 in in soil . or papper towel method etc. would work fine at this point good luck

6. #6 Fungardner, Sep 30, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2009
    Agree 100% In years of germing i have found this to be the best AND have had some seeds take as long as 9 days to germ out. Be patient but also remember that bagseeds have pretty much been around the block so to speak so they might be contaminated/dead too. It also depends on where they were stored. Mine are kept in my garden shed's fridge in the veg tray just FYI. Just discard them after 2 full weeks and use what does germ. Good luck bro!!

Peace...FG

7. I put them on top of my fridge in a tubberware container papertowel style, and put a cloth over top. works perfect. nice and warm.

8. You can always just plant them in soil and not germinate them.

9. In other words, throw them in the trash. Without germination the seeds will not grow, so why waste his time digging around in the dirt?

Peace..FG

10. update, 4 pops in paper towel, 1 in cup

11. Mine do fine with this method. Depends how late I'm starting if I'm going to germinate or not. When I do it's the paper towel method though.