Seeds won't germinate?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by nimbus456, Sep 29, 2012.

1. Alright, so I recieved some seeds from a reputable seed bank, and two out of the eight seeds I have actually germinated.

I planted four originally, two sprouted.
    I put the other four into seedling cups, in some wet soil, and have kept them there for the past three days. Nothing has sprouted yet.

Are there any other more accurate germing methods and when should I give up hope and chuck them?

Thanks.

2. My method of germination which has worked 100% of the time with seeds that I purchased, is just taking a Tupperware container and putting a damp coffee filter in there. Place your seed(s) in between the the coffee filter and then close the container. Open every 12 hours for air to exchange. Usually I have a tap root in 12-24 hours.

3. [quote name='"morange"']My method of germination which has worked 100% of the time with seeds that I purchased, is just taking a Tupperware container and putting a damp coffee filter in there. Place your seed(s) in between the the coffee filter and then close the container. Open every 12 hours for air to exchange. Usually I have a tap root in 12-24 hours.[/quote]

I only germinated seeds once but with that method I had 100% germination with I think 27 seeds. I just used damp paper towels instead of the coffee filters.

4. damp paper towel, into ziplock with seeds in between towel worked for me 100% all within 36 hours.

if u just planted a seed in soil not sprouted, i heard it can take 2-3weeks. just make sure the soil is damp not soaked. also heard some seeds if fresh wont crack for months because the seed "thinks" its winter.