Seeds vs. Clones?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by skunk77, Mar 24, 2009.

1. Hi everyone!

Would like to hear ideas about pros and cons of starting
    a small grow 4X4 with either seeds or getting clones.
    I have experimented with seeds before and it worked ok,
    but my clones never rooted.
    Just wanted to hear other growers' thoughts.
    Thanks!

2. if you want clones get a friend that grows and ask for a few clones, im about to get 4 clones in a few days maybe

3. Clones give you known female genetics, and if you have access to them, are a better way to go. Seeds however, if obtained from a reputable seed bank, can give you access to exotic and hard to get strains. The only drawbacks to seeds is the chance of getting male plants, and it takes a bit longer to go from seed to harvest, than clone to harvest.

4. Yo, I find growing from seed so much better and you can buy them femmed as I do. Clones are a great, cheap way to keep a strain going and some strains are clone only.

I use seeds and clones but love starting a new strain from seed.

5. Any reason in particular?

6. I hate waiting for clones to root, I have been using clones for a while to save money and save some of my best girls. Cloning is great but I like to change strain often and seedlings take less care/time than clones.

Also Im making my project smaller so I can get rid of my veggy area and just do seed to weed in my tent. As I say I like seeds and clones but for some reason Ive just always liked growing from seed more.