Seeds vs. Clones

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Gorgishmork, Mar 1, 2009.

1. Aside from the fact that there is quality assurance with clones, is it better to start fresh with seeds each time? I know that clones can be used to make up for time, but will their yield be worth the amount of time they save? Do plants raised from seeds yield more bud than those raised from clones?

2. Clones/seeds will yield the same if grown properly. Yields are more affected by how the strain is grown, rather than whether it is from a seed or a clone.

3. The nicer part about using clones is you're guaranteed the same genetic material as the
    plant you took it from. With seeds, you can grow two plants and they could differ from
    each other, maybe thats good.. but maybe thats bad!

You are guaranteed a female plant when you get a female clone, but you can still stress
    a clone out to the point if it turning hermie on you.. not good!

:bongin: ~Experimentalist

4. I always start with seeds, but clone if I am short of females.

5. I only have a few seeds left so Im using clones of my girls for a while but I just love growing from seed. Clones can look almost the same for a week or two when they are first cut and take a while to root. Seedlings can be so much bigger everytime you open the grow room door, I just love em.

Peace