Seeds too deep

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by sboland, Sep 22, 2013.

1. This is my grow setup for sprouts (see pictures)

I germinated 6 seeds and went away on vacation. So I had my roommate plant the seeds for me. He ended up putting each seed about 2 full inches underground. This was obviously too far and now it is two weeks later and my seeds haven't sprouted!

What do I do!? Should I try replanting the seeds higher up?

Help!

Sent from my Desire HD using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

2. first time i ever planted that kinda happened, idk id keep watering and give them time, maybe order new seeds while ya wait? i use grodan cubes now with 100% successrate, once rooted i plant in whatever method i choose to grow specific seed

3. i'd give it a few more day's and if nothing's happened carefully start removing soil with a tweezers tiny bits at a time until you reach the seed then depending on what it looks like either cover with a little bit of soil so it can pop out naturally or if its bad remove it and plant another, just my opinion tho :) 

4. #4 CoLoKiD, Sep 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2013
    I'd just take some soil off the top. You will be replanting those into bigger pots before it really matters anyway.

And you don't really have to remove soil either. Just grab tweezers or something small and push soil to the side and when it sprouts up just push the soil back.

5. So you put the seed in the grodan cubes or something? Could you explain further? Ive never heard of grodan cubes

Sent from my Desire HD using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. yeah what i do is get 1L water, add 1ML sensi grow a+b and then soak the grodan/rockwool cubes in nute solution for idk 30 seconds? until they sink to bottom, i then grab, let gravity drain i dont flick wrist or squeeze to get water out, and i put in a sandwich bottom tubberware container, i can fit atleast 4 cubes, im starting to think smaller is better btw, until the seed sprouts i regularly dunk the cubes into the rockwool nute solution and i leave in cubes until roots are coming out bottom, not just one tiny one, a few good ones, then i plant in whatever growing medium possible, dirt, coco, dwc buckets, anything, its awesome! plus if you dunked the rockwool 8 times a day you wouldnt over water, as long as it's not directly sitting in water you're good to go! drain excess don't allow it to dry, if it fully dries your seeds are dead btw, i got sloppy didnt pay attention lost 2 of five being lazy stoner, so feel free to go over board, dont get lazy though :D

some people say dont need nutes right away but sensi grow a+b ph perfect is magical, i use it from get go and slowly jack up, in my experience (i grew autos for last 6 months this applies) the bottle was really accurate, you may have to cut back if you add additives in the beginning but jeez i love AN, i can order online (which im sketchin out about) or drive an hour to closest store >.< 

7. I had thrown aload of bag seed out thinking they were shit 4 days later 23 came up so i put them i pot watched the soil no more came up. 6 weeks Later i look down theres a little plant so it can take 6 weeks to sprout apparently :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. Ph the water to 5.5 first. Just go to your local grow store and when you buy the cubes there are instructions with them.

9. Sent from my GT-I9505 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

If hes in soil which it looks like it he would need the oh to be 6.8

10. My bad didnt see he quote first sorry

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Grasscity Forum mobile app