Seeds to sprout time

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by joebob13, Nov 2, 2007.

1. Hey guys!

I received my seeds from marijuana-seeds.nl. I purchased northern lights and received 5 free thai stick seeds. I germinated 3 northern lights seeds and 2 thai stick seeds, all 5 popped in 48 hours and grew nice little white roots.

I have them planted in the soil now, and they are under 100watts of fluorescent light probably about 4 inches away from them. Anyways, how long will it take for the seeds to pop up above the soil and start growing?

Thanks a ton!

2. About 2-3 days. Once they sprout, keep your fluorescent light no more than an inch from the top of the plants.

3. Me too! Except I got Easy Sativa. Planted 3 of those and 2 Thai Sticks same as you :) All 5 germinated in 24 hours but I didn't plant them in soil until 48 hours, unfortunately 2 roots were a tad longer than I would have liked (10mm instead of 5mm preferred) the others were fine. I've got them outside in a greenhouse box now.

4. Congrats! My babies are doing great, all are growing very well and have all ready grown a TON in the last two days... I can't even believe how fast they are - I can check them every two hours and see progress!

5. Well after potting mine 48hrs after the paper towel germination, now 48hrs after being in soil I've got 2 sprouting. 1x Easy Sativa & 1x Thai Stick. I've had really poor conditions lately, approaching summer over here in general drought conditions we've had nothing but cold windy days and rain but it looks like a few more days of this and the sun will be back :) Hoping 100% sprout as 1 of my seeds with a long tail I decided to lie horizontal rather than risk damaging it vertically like the others. No idea which one it is but if 1 fails to sprout I'll know its that one.

How long since yours all surfaced/sprouted joebob?

6. Since then 5/5 of mine all sprouted! Including the one with the long dodgy tail.