Seeds/Seedlings under 300w LED

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by palmlabs, Jun 28, 2018.

1. Hi I recently bought a viparspectra 300w. Due to lack of space, I was considering planting the seeds under the 300w (I'll keep a safe light distance). If I do so will that be okay for my seeds? LED's work for growing so please no critics, would just like to see if anyone has had success with this many watts in an early stage (germination/seedling). I think they'll be ok but I could be wrong. Thanks!

2. They will be fine . I use mars hydro leds from the very start. Just remember if it has alot of reds the plant will be shorter and have smaller leaves
    Sent from my LM-X210VPP using Tapatalk

3. What he said ^

As long as it has a well-rounded spectrum with some blue in it then you should be fine. I have 4 Auto seedlings under a 300 watt LED light right now and I guess they are doing okay. Seedlings I’m larger pots take forever to show signs of growth because they are in larger pots, so the waiting game sucks.

My 2 foot 4-bulb fluorescent grow light will arrive tomorrow and I’ll put that over my seedlings instead. The only thing I don’t like about using an LED grow light on seedlings is not knowing exactly how far away to keep the light unless you have a light meter and can adjust accordingly. Every LED grow light is different but T5 HO lights out out the same light so there is more of a standard distance from the top of seedlings. I like that better.

Current Autoflower Grow

New 3x C4 Auto Grow

4. I have a 300V viperspectra but I only use it to augment flower. I think you will be fine.

5. I don't believe it does. I turned it on an it was bright white. Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ok thanks! It is full spectrum so I think i'm set for that. The manual says stay 36-40in away from seedlings so that should be a safe distance.

7. more reds means more stretched and leafy plants

8. For seedling, you can even just use some regular spiral CFL light bulbs (6500k). The 300 watter raised up really high is just wasting electricity imo.

Info on LED colors and their effects

9. Just out of curiosity, what kind of light is it?