Seeds in the ground...Did i do it right?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by jakejeckel35, Apr 10, 2009.

1. So i put my seeds in MG seed starting soil with some solo cups today. I poked holes in bottom then filled it till it started draining. I went to store for an hour then came back to put seeds in but it was still pretty soaky. I took all the soil out and started using my hand to strain it lightly then filled the cups back. I made a 1/4" indent with a pencil and stuck my seeds in the rolled some dirt over(didnt pack it in). Then i covered them with saran wrap and am waiting..........was i supose to have the soil soaking or did i do the right thing squizing eccess water out?

2. you did the wrong thing with miracle grow soil... soil from your backyard would have been fine...

the germination method is decent... i use paper towels though...

3. MG soil isn't ideal, because it tends to have compaction and drainage issues and some even has time releases nutes which can cause burn issues later on down the road. You already have your seeds in, just gotta make the best out of it. The most important thing is to keep the soil MOIST, not wet and to keep them warm. The rest is up to the seeds.

4. ya it was mg starting soil nt really the main MG soil. ima use organic when i transplant but the are keeping moist...go fingers crossed