Seeds I have collected.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by dhoyda, Jun 8, 2006.

1. I have collected probably 100-200 seeds in the last 2 years. I am ready to grow.

I want to use the following.

Tell me what is wrong

I have:
    -Nutrient Enriched Potting Soil
    -Small Teracota pots for sprouts
    -Large teracota pots for Larger plants
    -Osmocote 4 month fertalizer
    -Daily Watering or every 2 days
    -2 24 inch floro's

What is wrong, I know the lighting will suck, but anything over this will probably cost too much, and I don't plan on selling, just smoking.

2. do away with your soil. they dont want nutes till at least 20 days old.

good luck with your grow

3. if i am correct you shouldnt water them everyday it should be every 2-3 days .... And i have a Question ... How Many Wats are youre lights ...... and whatever tyhey are its not enough for 200 seeds .... im using 6-40 watt 27 inche tubes .... 2 of my bulbs are Cool White The other 4 are 40 watt floresenct shoplights ... and im only gonna grow like 6 or 8 ...

4. I'm not palnting ALL 200, I am just saying, I will use a few and have tons left over

5. Ok im not sure how big your pots are but heres what i would do. Id get thoes plastic dixie cups for when they sprout then when they get bigger get 6in pots,then 12in,then 1-2gal,then last 5gallon pots.How many plants do you want. Also go to homedepot and get soil for tomatoes.And you should water when you need to usually a few times a week.

6. If you want big healthy plants with big buds, it all starts with a big healthy root system. There are a few things you can do to ensure you get the healthiest root system possible. These include implementing a proper fertilizer program, repotting your plants utilizing a graduated potting program, pruning the roots a bit and watering correctly.

I will start with the fertilizer part of the equation. As we all know, with out food we die. If a plant does not get the food it needs it will get sick and die as well. A root systems favorite food is phosphorus (p): roots need p to survive and grow. Fertilizers have 3 macronutrients that make it up; (n-p-k) nitrogen-phosphorus-potassium ratio and several micronutrients. When you are picking out a fertilizer for your young plants' root system, look at the middle number. At the beginning of your plants life, this number should be around 15 to 30. I recommend fox farm big bloom from the second watering they get from the time they first pop the surface and gradually getting higher. When done right, I’ve gotten higher female to male ratios up to 80% twice (usually 60% seems to be the norm) but other times I’ve gotten 60% male, so it’s not an exact science. It is never too early to start feeding your plants as long as you don’t over do it, that’s why I use fox farm big bloom as it has a very low n-p-k ratio and it’s all organic. Never use chemical nutrients on young seedlings or you will burn the root system and possibly kill your plants. Slowly raise the amount of nitrogen you give your plants. This will give you healthy leaf growth during the vegetative period, which means more photosynthesis and a healthy uptake and processing of food.

Giving your plants adequate amounts of phosphorus throughout their entire vegetative cycle will ensure a healthy root system, which your plants will need when they start to flower. If you want big, fat, sugar-coated buds, then healthy roots are essential. Of course phosphorus is crucial for flowering too, so the number (p) throughout your plants life cycle should act like a roller coaster. It should be in the beginning then lower in the Veg cycle and much higher in the flowering cycle. The (p) number should be between 10 and 20 the first couple of weeks to give the roots they nutrients they need to grow big and strong and fast, then steady at or around 5 to 20 for the rest of the Veg cycle, then jump up to 30 to 52 for the flowering cycle. On a side note: for those people who thought k was for roots; k is used for creating a strong, healthy stock and branches. Therefore, raise the amount of k during the Veg cycle and you will help create the thick branches needed to hold big plump buds that everyone wanted

Any good grower has at least half a dozen fertilizers on hand at all times, not just 1 or 2. I recommend Fox Farms B.C. Nutrients along with any of the guanos. I use them all at some point, worm castings included. Now your number should look something like this: 10-15-10, 10-52-10, 35-5-10, 9-45-15, 28-14-14, and good old triple 20. It may cost you a little green but its more than worth it when you are smoking the green you grow; it is worth it.

Then there are countless products that are beneficial that you can add to your soil to help the roots work even better than they would have if you didn’t use them. I use sub-culture, #2 rated in the world and can be bought in the states unlike the #1 which is strictly for pot, but sub-culture works just as good and is cheaper. I also use ea/en plus actinovate/sp which is a biological fungus control which should never be used on plants before they have at least 2 sets of leaves. Also, plant success, which has 136,200 spores per cc, there are 13 different types of mycorrhizal fungi. If you add plant acids and amino-acids along with stuff like humic acid, both of which helps the fungi. You can get some amazing roots like the pros get without having to go to collage to get a botany degree.

Love your plants and they will love you back
    hope this helps you out i hate the misconception that plants don't want any food for the first few weeks of there life it's just wrong period!!!! if grown outdoors mother nature makes sure they get food so if indoors then its up to you the grower to play the role of mother nature but i'm not saying feed to much the key to early big plants is useing lower nute levals thats why i recomend fox farms they are organic there big bloom is perfect for young plants roots its only 0.01-0.3-0.7 and will help give your plants a big root system

7. Hey man if you feel like selling some of your seeds ill buy em

8. You cant sell or buy illegal things through this site. Or talk about it for that matter.

9. thanks for the article ice