Seeds Failed to Germinate

Discussion in 'Marijuana Seeds Banks' started by CarloMarx, Jun 29, 2012.

1. I recently made an order with the Single Seed Centre consisting of one Paradise Pandora autoflower and one Autoblueberry by Dutch Passion along with a couple of other which have not been germinated yet.

The two autos I did attempt to start failed to germinate. Have any of you encountered this with the Single Seed Centre? How does their customer service handle this? I saw that you cannot discuss germination in emails, so I was wondering if any of you blades have dealt with this situation.

I would like to receive two replacement seeds if possible.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

EDIT: I've never had seeds not sprout so this is new to me.

2. What was your method of germination?

3. I would try and contact the breeders and be respectful when you do so, alot of them are helpful versus contacting the seed bank who can't really discuss it.

I've had pretty bad germ rates in general lately, to the point that I'm starting to investigate the problem myself. The majority of the ones that haven't opened for me seem to have a really hard shells and seemed to be totally healthy aside from the fact that the seedling could never crack the tough shell. So if you don't soak your seeds or scuff them at all you could search on both of those topics they might help a little.

4. fridge em for a few nights,, scarify em, soak over night .. then either into paper towel or medium.

5. I have three of the Pandora going now, they were my quickest starters out of the bunch. Could always just be a bad seed.

6. Same thing happened to me...

Some were immature seeds... others were downright black. 0 germed.

7. [quote name='"CarloMarx"']I recently made an order with the Single Seed Centre consisting of one Paradise Pandora autoflower and one Autoblueberry by Dutch Passion along with a couple of other which have not been germinated yet.

The two autos I did attempt to start failed to germinate. Have any of you encountered this with the Single Seed Centre? How does their customer service handle this? I saw that you cannot discuss germination in emails, so I was wondering if any of you blades have dealt with this situation.

I would like to receive two replacement seeds if possible.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

EDIT: I've never had seeds not sprout so this is new to me.[/quote]

Contact the breeder directly. They are very helpful. Just make sure to be respectful. Explain yr methods of germ. If you did everything right they will probably take care of you. I have personal experience with many seed banks. Most are really cool people. Some could care less.

Bombseeds.nl just germ my THC BOMB feminized 10 out of 10 all germ success. Tell them True Planet recommended you! I'll be starting a journal soon. Good luck!

8. Did they ever germ I'm having a similar problem with 15 mixed bagseeds idk where I went wrong, seeds inside are definately alive.

9. [quote name='"RonPaullegion92"']Did they ever germ I'm having a similar problem with 15 mixed bagseeds idk where I went wrong, seeds inside are definately alive.[/quote]

100% germ and looking healthy. I will be starting my grow journal soon. What method did you use to germ? Did you toss them out already? Sorry I been off-line for a while.

10. @TruePlanet Yeah idk why but only two created taproots and even when they went into soil they were stunted. I started some bagseeds from some mids and they popped within 36 hours I only have 4 now.

11. [quote name='"RonPaullegion92"']@TruePlanet Yeah idk why but only two created taproots and even when they went into soil they were stunted. I started some bagseeds from some mids and they popped within 36 hours I only have 4 now.[/quote]

Out of 15 you only have 4 left wow, that sucks. Especially because they could end up being males. Hopefully that won't be the case.

I personally like to use the moist paper towel method in a tupperwear. I place my seeds and put them in a dark cabinet like the one on above most friges. As soon as they sprout I place them in plastic cups with the soil I will be using throughout the grow cycle. I don't automatically throw out the ones that didn't sprout because I've seen them sprout with just a little more time but be sure to check the paper towel to keep moist, not drenched in water. I like to place them in a hot box so I don't have to place individual plastic bags on the cups to keep the humidity. I wait till soil starts to dry not to over water but I do add RapidStart by GH to get the rooting stared faster and once they get a few more leafs I add 2 tsp of "Grow-Soul Synthetics by Aurora Innovations".

I highly recommend the full line of Soul Synthetics by Aurora Innovations for your nutes. Never burned my leaves and thrived. With my THC BOMB the only thing different I'm adding this time is Bud Candy to the feeding schedule. I hope this helps you out a little.