Seeds and customs

Discussion in 'Marijuana Seeds Banks' started by LittleGreenMan1, Feb 13, 2010.

1. Hey guys. Placed an order with attitude seedbank on Feb 3. My package is stuck in Customs at NY (at least thats the last place it was updated from)

i'm aware packages will say they are in NY then be at your house 4 days later with no updates (has happend to me on my 5 other orders), but this time its been in customs for 7 days.

is my package going to get here or did customs seize it?:(:confused:

2. i just ordered from another company(http://www.pickandmixseeds.co.uk), and my other order from them was fine, but this one has been in customs for since feb 2, i emailed them on tuesday and their respose was that they gotta wait a full 3 weeks before resending the order, so i plan to wait it out and resend them an email with my concerns, because no one else has been able to answer why it has been in customs soo long, my guess is that its either siezed or lost/stolen, either way if the company wants my buisness again they will resend my seeds if they dont come(as they said they would)

3. The last time I ordered, it read" In Customs" for 10 days. I feel you but be patient.
    BTW, I am the pot calling the kettle black. I placed my order on the 5th and check the mailbox like it's Christmas everyday.:hello::hello:
    Have faith!

4. it is christmas when the beans come in! but i can only imagine with the weather what the post offices are like. I bet their inundated with mail thats backed up from the snow.. Relax it'll be there soon.

5. that's true guys. I just realized with the insane weather and Haiti probably isn't helping, my beans are probably on their way, just stuck somewheres for now. I'll make an update in this thread if they end up coming or not today. If they do they should be here in 7 hours.

6. new york city had a blizzard this week.there still diggin out. been bad all the way up the eastcoast.

7. I feel a little safer knowing my seeds went through NYC(they have been there since Feb 9). I have seen too many seed orders confiscated that went through Chicago; so I was kind of concerned about that.

I think the weather plays a major role, as does the Valentines Day rush of mail; people may not realize this, but Valentines Day is right up there with Mothers Day for being one of the busiest tme frames of the year; the only time frame busier than these 2 is Christmas. So we must figure weather + Valentines Day = wait.

I'll be right there with unclemick; checking everyday like I'm waiting for Publishers Clearing House to knock on my door.

8. see the problem with my order being at customs is that i live about 15 minutes away from where they are(customs), this is what is stressing me, theres no way it takes me 15 min to drive there but over 2 weeks for them to deliver me the package from customs, it just dont make sense, thats why i believe that my package was either confiscated or lost/stolen, put it this way last time i ordered from this company it took a total of 10 days from when i ordered to when it got to my house.this time its been in customs for 2 weeks. and above all i ordered 2 packages; 1 from attitude and 1 from pickandmix, both packs orddered at the same time, but i already got my attitude package and the beans are already germed and sprouted, but my other package is still in customs for over 2 weeks and both packs were ordered within 20 min of each other, i just wonder if they find a pack of seeds comming to your house if they dont look a little harder for all the packs comming to your house in the future(not that im worried about that to much i dont grow where i order from)

9. they can only get mail out as fast as they sort it. I bet there is a HUGE line of mail right now. like above poster said I'm convinced weather + v-day = wait.

It makes me feel good knowing there actually is a lagit reason my seeds have been in NYC since feb 5. Imma bet i get them next wed, along with my 1000w hps and growlab145 :-D

10. mine have been sittin in N.Y since 2-4 as well, and with this being my first order it has me startin to stress just a tad. but with everyone else havin the same issues i think i can be a little more patient, just hope the tude will back me as they say they will. with all the possitive reviews here concerning the tude i believe they will. just had to relate and destress lol

11. good to know others are expiriencing the same thing. It's gotta be the blizzard lol.

12. i ordered 2 diff packs from 2 diff companies, they both arrived at customes on feb 2, the diff is i already got 1 pack and the other pack has never left customs, so if they both got there at the same time then why would i only get one pack and not the other because of some storm....that we are not even experiencing?

13. well you've got a couple days ahead of us. but for the most part, i'm thinking v-day then?

14. Anybody ever order something from attitude using their non guaranteed shipping (lettermail) and have it reviewed AND released from customs?

Talking mostly to Canadians here...

15. i've read forums with people in it that did have sucess without the garenteed mail. but its only an extra 15 bucks. you might as well for the piece of mind. my 2 C

16. Here in Canada I just don't get why they'd bother confiscating seeds if I could take my car drive 10 minutes and go to a seed bank!

17. hahah thats true. but if you can just buy them at a seedbank locally then why would you order on attitude which is EXTREMELY overpriced (as are all seedbanks) IMO?

18. Attitude isn't overpriced at all. Maybe in general, you find that seeds are expensive, but I wouldn't know of a place to get them for a cheaper price unless you're involved somehow in production.

Locally, the selection is much less, they are only sold in full breaders pack and are about 3x times the price of attitude.

Nirvana packs of 10 which are usually sold online for $30 are sold at the seed bank for $90-$120.

19. if you gonna get them at a local seed vendor(walk in) they are even more over priced, they do the same as attitude, they are just resellers, that buy from a place like attitude, and then sell them out their bong shop or what not so they are even more over priced

20. Most seedbanks charge close to the same, Canadian banks seem to be higher priced than UK banks, and I've heard that Dutch orders are more likely to be intercepted.