Seedlings turning color

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by fatboy578, Jul 2, 2019.

1. Hello. I am on my first grow. Grow tent, Hydroponics. All 3 seeds are sprouting but I noticed they look reddish in color. Has anyone ever heard of this and if so tell me what I am doing wrong? I do not want them to die. I have them in RR sitting in about 1/4 inch of water so they do not dry out. I had white light on for a day then switched to 80 percent red and blue. I just did that today. I am using a Vivar Spectra, Par Hello. I am on my first grow. Grow tent, Hydroponics. All 3 seeds are sprouting but I noticed they look reddish in color. Has anyone ever heard of this and if so tell me what I am doing wrong? I do not want them to die. I have them in RR sitting in about 1/4 inch of water so they do not dry out. I had white light on for a day then switched to 80 percent red and blue. I just did that today. I am using a Vivar Spectra, Par Hello. I am on my first grow. Grow tent, Hydroponics. All 3 seeds are sprouting but I noticed they look reddish in color. Has anyone ever heard of this and if so tell me what I am doing wrong? I do not want them to die. I have them in RR sitting in about 1/4 inch of water so they do not dry out. I had white light on for a day then switched to 80 percent red and blue. I just did that today. I am using a Vivar Spectra, Par 700.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. How about a pic?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Pictures would be nice

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. IMG_5067.JPG

5. Sorry about no photos, stupid on my part, anyway the one with no leaves is growing just no leaves, and since I corrected the PH and also the lights as I have the ViparSpectra par 700 and you adjust the white red and blue accordingly. The 2 remaining plants are starting to look better believe it or not as I thought there was no chance. I have the lights about 40 inches away as this light can really ratchet up the intensity. Thank you for any advice.

6. I might not be right but the one with no leaves look like it is growing upside down. First thing I see is I dont believe those peat starters are supposed to sit in water just remain moist.

7. That was my mistake. They are RR. The ph was high too. I really screwed this first grow up. One died and the 2 plants that are left are doing ok, but they are a little leggy. I lowered the light so we will see if they grow