Seedlings have interesting problem please help...

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by §à†áÑ, Nov 13, 2015.

1. I have posted this topic in the sick plants section but noticed not much traffic is going on over there... I was trying to find an answer to this problem asap in hopes of correcting it...
    Firstly to start off, I am by no means a beginner when it comes to growing, been doing it for close to 15 years now and in that time have learned a good bit but this one has me stumped and I would so very greatly appreciate any help with the matter.
    Nothing has changed in my setup this time around, using the same fox farm ocean forest potting soil to start them in, their under the same 4 bulb fluro setup I keep them under for about 2 weeks, temps are a steady 77-78... The only thing that did chance is that I'm at a new location with different water, it's not hard or anything like that at least not that I know of but that's the only thing I can thing of that changed.
    I have 13 plants all started from seed which are all feminized Humboldt seed organization seeds. Out of the 13, every single one of them but 2 so far are doing this. It started out as justhe the tips turning a slightly lighter green then a couple days later which is today a good portion of the leaf is turning yellow... it's mainly starting at the tips and working it's way back.. I have no idea what could be causing this but here is a couple pictures attached bellow of 1 of the plants with the best example...
    Thanks so much in advance for any help..

Attached Files:

2. It very well could be a (sorry, ahem) "hot" bag of fox farms soil - maybe. Could you swap to simple Pro Mix until they get established? Just a thought. Another thought comes to mind - is the mix draining ok? I've seen this happen as a result of dense (heavy/wet) soil also...

J

3. Interesting you mention the problem with the draining, they seem to be draining fine and all but my next guess was going to be over watering... Perhaps that's the issue.. I don't really want to transplant them all into different soil with them just starting to get rooted and everything, guess I'll tough it out with the same soil and make sure they are draining alright and see what happens in the next few days. I've been using fox farm ocean forest forever with no issues but I guess it's possible for any company to mess up now and again. Just bothers me, don't know what to do to fix it or what's causing it lol.
    Thanks for the reply man

4. try doing nothing. that is usually the best route to go.

5. Doing nothing usually gets you the same outcome as the effort you put into it, nothing lol. In this situation it might be a good idea thought. I was going to wait a few days and see what happened and see if they got any better. Just wanted to post a thread of here awhile though to see if anyone had any ideas.

6. Could be a bad batch of ffof. Looks to be retaining water or the mix is insufficient