Seedlings growing too slowly?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by MoreRipsLessSips, Jun 21, 2018.

1. Hi guys,

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day! So I’ve been growing these seedlings [see in pictures] for about 9 days now since they sprouted from the soil’s surface, and I noted that they initially had a more red colored stem. I started using the HLG 550 V2 LED grow lights set on 50% dim, hanging 16 inches above the canopy of my seedlings. I’m watering them almost every day; as needed based on the inch-deep-of-water testing. I also noted that the rate of growth feels as if it’s a little slow right now, and was curious if this was a lighting issue that I’m undergoing. The coloring of the leaves themselves appears (perhaps) a little too lighter green for my liking, and so I was also curious if my lights are too close to my plants right now. The dimensions of the grow room are 7 feet width by 8 feet length by 7 feet height, if that helps at all. However, in the picture, the spacing of my current plants (seedlings) rests exactly as is, in the center of the grow room. Hope someone has some insight on what approach I might need to take or if I need to redirect my light approach/strength/distance. Thank you in advance to anyone who assists with this, and here’s a link to the HLG 550 V2 LED description, if needed!

HLG 550 LED by Horticulture Lighting Group The Full Review

HLG 550 V2

Attached Files:

2. Be patient they look well :) it always seems like they take ages at this age but they haven't got enough leaves for any sort of explosive growth yet

3. I'd be removing that huge stake and build up the soil around the stem

in most cases the red stem is an indication of poor temp control

tho some strains are naturally dark red, red shows its too cold

keep a temp gauge and small fan close by not direct on

good luck