seedlings drooping, help a dwc new grower.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by iamzonked, Oct 19, 2008.

1. hey, i have been reading an learning a lot about DWC for the past couple months. i am starting my first grow and have run into a couple of problems. i'm starting my seedlings in 1 inch rockwool cubes under 23w CFLs. the problem is, after the first pair of serrated leaves appear, all of the sprouts start drooping and the leaves curl upward. i thought the lights might be too close (2 in.) so i raised them to about 5 in. they are on a 24/0 light schedule and i'm watering them twice a day with pH corrected RO water (no nutes). Please help, i've started these 3 new seedlings and it is happening again!

Attached Files:

2. over watering. water when it's dry.

3. you should not have put the little cube in the big cube until roots show out of the bottom, take it out, do you have a fan blowing on them? if not do so, once the fan is there let them almost dry out, then a little water do not saturate the cube, not while they are that young, then once the roots pop out the bottom of the little cube put it in the big cube water it and wait until the big cube gets prety dry before you water it again, this helps the roots fill the cube.