seedlings are bending over

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by oddpuertorican, Feb 11, 2010.

1. All 5 of my seedlings sprouted but they are not standing upright all of them are leaning over they are only 2 days old.

1. MY MAIN CONCERN How do I get my babys to go back upright?

2.Should I leave the plastic bag over the party cups to keep up humidity?

3.Also should I have them under 400watt MH or my 2 48watt CFLs?

4.Should I have them under light 18/6 until like the 3rd week?

2 White Widows
    2 Blue cheese
    1 Afghan kush

2. If it was me I would use the 400w @ 18/6.Make sure they have adequate water, what medium are the seedlings in. take the bag off.

3. I would take the bag off, and put them under the cfl's. The lights can be closer, and a lot cooler for the seedlings this way.

4. agree, use the 400 as close as possible, there could be a few reasons that this is happening, i believe that either your soil is too compact cutting off water flow thru the main stem, or your grow medium is too wet and your air is too dry, making the plant wilt and fall over, my suggestion to this is to fluff up your soil abit and then let it dry out, until then use little sticks to prop the plants back up straight, this will hold them there until the stems have strengthend

5. I did an experiment with my 400W, starting seeds under it. Within 2 days they were 4" tall and falling over. The seedlings under my CFL's are only 4" after 2 weeks.

I will only start seeds under CFL's from now on.