Seedling trouble, Help! (PICS)

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by willardtokes123, Apr 24, 2009.

1. here is some bagseed seedling that i just don't think will make it but it has started growing a set of true leaves and is trying to live!
    here is some info to maybe help identify the problem
    for water, i'm using no nutrients but it is a mix of a little lemon juice for ph down, and some unsulphured blackstrap molasses. the cotylydons (sp) are yellowed and the tips are brown, the set of true leaves went from bright healthy green to a dull darker green, and it just looks like it keeps getting more and more droopy.
    pics...
    Yesterday..
    [​IMG]
    About 2 hours ago
    [​IMG]

i just flushed it, and i'm letting it dry out now cause i was thinking i might've been over watering it:confused:

2. Possibly over water. Seedling really can be left to do there thing for the first few days or so with little more then some clean water from a spray bottle once or twice a day. :p

3. there is enough dissolved solids in regular tap water to keep seedlings going for the first few weeks. Adding anything except to balance ph will just cause issues.

4. Better said! :hello:

5. Thanks for your responses, i guess i'll have to stick with plain ole ph balanced water, i'll update if the seedling lives or dies