seedling questions

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by kill a jedi, May 12, 2010.

1. Should i start my germinated seeds indoors till they sprout even though i am growing outdoors? Some say you should some say it doesnt matter. I'd like to know.

2. keep it inside the first 10 days
    if you want to you can put it outside already but i think its better if you keep it in first

3. The bigger the plant is when you put it out, the better the odds of it surviving. I've put out some big plants and some 14 day olds, and most are holding up. I had a patch of 12 that were under 8 inches of water from Monday's rain. 3 feet north and they would have been above water.

The small plants are problematic. After hard rains, you have the desire to go check up on them. It's a good idea to. You may have to prop a couple plant up because they just got nailed with gallons of water. Bigger plants are strong enough to handle most rains.

4. Thank you both for the info. Since i am gonna have a few plants ill do a 50/50 starting inside and starting outside and see how it turns out.

5. The seeds outdoors have a better chance when the ground and temps are warm. Another 48-52 degree day here in Chicago. After Thursday though, it warms up to near 80 by the middle of next week.