Grasscity - Cyber Week Sale - up to 50% Discount

seedling questions

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by ThisConfusesMe, Mar 26, 2016.

1. Hi my seeds germinated earlier and I've out them in peat pods. Just under 3ml/L of Vitalink plant start and 5.8 ph 21-23c When should I put them under lights and for how many hours? Using a dimmable 600w hps 250/400/600 what setting should I have it on and how far away.? Also with the peat pods when should I put the seedling into a pot with the growing medium? Thanks

Sent from my SM-G900F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. You don't need lights until your first set of leaves as the plant has no way of usein the light this early on. You can keep em on so that they are on when she first pops out and to keep soil warm

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  3. N I would go 250 to start off, 24/0 works the best IMO b/c cannabis is a c3 plant and needs no dark periods

• Like Like x 1
  4. I've got a heater in there at moment to keep it warm also all 3 bottom vents open to alloe fresh air in and every noe and then turning the extractor fan on to get rid of any shit air and keep it fresh

5. I put seeds in soil and stick them under my vegging lights.

How will I know when it will sprout and need light?

• Like Like x 1
  6. I would havec the lights on all the time so when they break the surface they will have light there straight away. They stretch like crazy in the dark. The light should keep it warm so no need for the heater.

HPS isn't great for seedlings, I'd prefer a couple of CFLs, but if you are going to use the HPS, 250w will be plenty

• Like Like x 1
  7. I would have a 300w cfl but it got smashed in courier

8. I've got 3 seedlings that have come through. 1 is bent like an L and another is bent like a U. One hasnt come up that much but only been 2 days. I tried straightening them but no root ball to hold them in yet. Can I straight then with skewers or something when they get a rootball snd abit bigger?

9. Can you put up a photo? I'm not exactly sure what the problem is. Usually any bends are fixed when the plant reaches for the light

10. I can get a picture in the morning. They still have the seed pods on no leaves have come through yet but only put in soil few days ago

11. I'm turning the light on tomorrow 250w 24/0 til vegging stage after I've changed how the exfaust fan ducting it run so hopefully that will fix it. Soaked peat pods in VitaLink plant start just under 2ml to 1 litre. Reccomended 3-4 but didnt want to shock them

• Like Like x 1
  12. #12 Stay_Blazed, Mar 28, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
    You are over thinking things, seedlings have been correcting themselves for thousands of years. Best rule to practice at this stage is LITFA leave it the fuck alone.

• Like Like x 4
  13. It's my first one so been panicking about it thinking I did something wrong.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Can't agree more with that guy^^^^

Just make sure you don't over/underwater and you'll be Gucci

• Like Like x 2
  15. True story my current grow is going a lot smoother now that I'm not over thinking everything.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  16. Also when should I I put the seedling into the small pots? Currently in peat pods

17. 1459188689211.jpg 1459188705370.jpg 1459188724493.jpg

18. Why isn't the first one tap root buried?

19. It was but this is how its turned out.

20. They were all puy in 2-5mm below soil root side down and slightly covered