Seedling question

Discussion in 'Plant Training' started by Blueasinsky, May 13, 2022.

1. So I found this old seed and decided to put it to the test and boom it’s looking pretty good so far. I just can’t tell if it’s a sexy lady yet, I’m not growing any other plants this year so if it turns out to be a dude I’d there a way I can flip it to female or clip a branch now and try to flip it some how. It’s going outside anyway in about a week. Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. [​IMG]

Veg stage male flowers. Not easy to catch and not all will show them.

[​IMG]

Here is another.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Males are males and no you can't change a male to female. :)

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  3. So what exactly is a hermaphrodite? How do some plants have buds but there’s also seeds with em? You don’t really see it as much these days lol but back it the day they all had seeds.

4. What soil are ya growing in? Looks like it’s time to start feeding your plant it’s already pulling nutes from lower leaves. Make sure it’s healthy before ya start taking clones off it. When u transplant to better soil don’t forget the perlite.

5. There is a fine line between Rodelization and a true Hermaphrodite. Both are Female plants. Any unfertilized female Cannabis plant will make a last ditch effort to propagate and self fertilize. The degree they do this at is the difference.

You'll often find a few seeds in a bag of even high grade dispensary Buds. This is Rodelization. The plant has put up a single male Spike (Banana) and done the deed. 10 seeds.

A true Hermaphrodite has put up hundreds of spikes and will make 50,000 seeds. All Seeds will be female either way but the Hermi will make more hermi's and should be destroyed.

The Mexican brick weed we smoked in the 70s and 80s was all naturally open pollenated male to female stuff. 50% seeds. :) Being good Sativa it still would knock you on your ass.

BNW