Seedling not growing after a few days?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by kerromatic, Jul 28, 2010.

1. Hello guys, its been a few days since I actually started my first setup. Now I goto check up on the little seedling and it still looks pretty much the same...it has not grown "to me" at all really.. is there any way to test to make sure it is a healthy growing seedling?

2. do you mean seedling as in its growing above the soil, or it hasnt sprouted? If you germinated it, and planted it, it should definitely sprout above ground at least. if its not healthy it wont sprout. once it sprouts it should be able to grow, it should have just a LITTLE water at this stage..

3. ahh, yeah its above ground at this point and I i see that the cotyledon have somewhat opened and I can see the 2 true leafs. but I think I did overwater a little bit. at this point I have not watered since.

4. what kind of light you got on it man?

hahah im at the same stage as you and my plants skyrocketing with just cali light

5. Be careful not to let it sit for too long and dry out. Little sprouts need a lot of moisture and humidity. This is why a lot of people keep theirs in an enclosed container or with plastic covering them. The roots are so small, if you stop watering it that 1" around the root ball will dry out and the plant will die. Squirt a little water in there and have faith. It may just be in shock for some reason.

6. niiice man. I actually got a 250w MH with a SLS Super Sun Reflector. Lumatek ballast, and doki, I know my lights are quite powerful even for a little sprout so what I do is when I feel the grow plug and if its not moist I throw a cap of water on there.

also guys....should I keep giving it my water/root excullurator mix?

7. you can keep on giving it ur mix but i just give mine ph ajusted water and distilled water left out for 5 day usaully. humidity is pretty key at this point in growth ... and when mine were that small i saw a diffrence evreyday.... so urs must be a little stunted.. heres how i started mine

germinated in paper towel method

placed in organic potting mix soil with perlite pre watered...

once sprouted slightly slightly waterd making sure not to much water not to little...

12 hrs in sunlight

12hrs under cfls

and repeat

i take the ph of my runoff water and my water i water with... i keep my humidity pretty high with a dome and the temps up higher to ... better growth....

i water once the soil is nice n dry usaully evrey 4-5 days ..