Grasscity - Cyber Week Sale - up to 50% Discount

Seedling help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Shitzelnitzl, Jun 23, 2019.

1. Hey guys first post and first time growing.so extremely new too this. I got my seeds just from seedy weed I got from my buddy's grow. So was just doing it as a trial run before I spent money on feminized seeds i planted 11 2 have sprouted. One looks good but the other the leaf is curling very bad used same water for both. Not sure if it's normal for them being so young

Attached Files:

2. You are growing infront of a window which causes the plant to stretch and create these small leaves. Add another light source or move them outside.

Something I read somewhere on here which you can try is: get a bottle, cut it where the bottle's width starts to get even, place it over the seedling and water using a plant spray. This could also fix it but don't mark my words for it.

Also transplant them in a bigger pot and place them a bit deeper to also get rid of the stretchy seedling, along with the light tip.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Placing them in a window is not a good idea - they will stretch like crazy, as you have already found out. If your going to use the sun for light, use outside direct sunlight. I suggest at this point that you prop them up somehow and when you transplant bury the stem to the cotyledons.

Good luck and welcome to GC. :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. A small flourescent fixture or just about any light in a 4000k or higher light temp will work for seedlings. Get them out the window, and they'll do much better.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Thank you guys. Ya I had them under light for like 6 hours then a guy I know told me to put them in the window sill shouldn't of listened. I'm going to go move them now. Definitely a lot to learn and seems like its going to be fun growing!