seedling/flowering question

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by dr.worm, Jul 4, 2009.

1. my hermie has about 30 days left before harvest. I'm keeping it so i can collect seeds and not have to worry about ordering for a long time. Anyway, i germinated a few more seeds and have them in a little makeshift cabinet upstairs in our spare bedroom that is NEVER used. well guess what? my room mates friend came over and got too drunk to drive so my room mate decided to set up an air mattress in the spare room and i was forced to turn off the lights in the box overnight. they have been on a 20/4 schedule but last night they spent about 13 hours in the dark before i could get back in the room and turn the lights back on. the plants are about 2 weeks old and only have 4 fan leaves each. they are newborns. will one night of extended dark affect these? can i expect another set of hermies because of this incident? Lord i hope not. i almost cried when my last plant started sprouting pollen sacks. thanks for your help guys

2. one night should not effect them very much, from what i understand though if you got those seeds from your hermie plant they are likely to also turn hermie.
    if they do turn hermie though you can cut off the pollen sacks when they grow and it should stop producing them after a little while.

3. thanks for the response. the seeds i'm sprouting now are not from the hermie plant. i was under the impression hermies produced female or hermie seeds but not males? btw, i tried cutting the pollen sacks off my current hermie and went out of town for 2 days and when i got back i had open pollen sacks everywhere. plus they kept growing in teh cola and i was destroying the plant. from now on hermies will be killed on sight unless i need seeds. thanks again for your help