Seedbanks in Indiana??

Discussion in 'Marijuana Seeds Banks' started by Butterfly3, Jun 10, 2019.

1. I wish there were some here in my state. I'm a bit scared of buying them online, but I guess that's the only way? A friend offline was saying if you buy any to ask them to put them in pens, so you'll definitely get them. What do you think about that?

I've read quite a lot on tips and what I need to get before the seeds even. I guess a grow box would be nice. I was scared of the smell because it would be in my house and I'm in a residential area, but others around me smoke. So at times, it smells like pot anyways, lol. But then again we have cops driving down the streets too. It's a small town. I really don't need my house smelling like I'm growing (if they are that strong of a smell. I just want to grow one plant to experiment). A friend on here said that I'd need a carbon filter, I don't know how to set that stuff up, but there is always google and YouTube to figure out how to do that stuff, I'm sure.

I'm super paranoid about getting customs involved, I don't want that at all. I wouldn't think any of us would like that. I saw on some sites that you can pay a little bit more to have them guarantee a shipped order. I don't know if that's legit.

2. You are worrying over nothing.
    More and more US cannabis seed banks are going into business.
    Ordering from them gets you a package that blends in with the other millions of daily packages that look similar.
    Careful though, most foreign banks will try to hide the fact that they aren't located in the US.
    Customs hassles are a big problem.
    Ordering directly from the breeder means fewer hands touch the order to screw it up, and it's dangerous to order seeds not in breeder packs.
    A couple of easy options for US customers are Mephisto (autos only) and Growers Choice. Both ship from inside US.

Other than those two, I haven't found an acceptable US bank.
    Either they charge too much, sell only 5-seed packs, have limited selections (especially autos) ,or appear to be dishonest.

GYO falls into this last category. They appear not to honor some breeder promotions (FastBuds), and tack on dishonest fees to hide the true seed price, like the cell phone companies do.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Well I do worry a lot! I've read that you shouldn't ship it to your own house, should I get a PO box? lol I don't know. I've asked if I can buy seeds from my friend and he said he doesn't sell that. I don't know what you mean by breeder packs?

4. Seeds come and look like every day mail if you got from international site theres a chance it coyld get discovered but its kinda small i know loads that get through.

Now for guarantee that means if they get swiped by customs they will send another parcel out.

As for smell if you use a mointain air or rhino carbon filter there wont be any smell at all.
    Also try Northern lights #5 its low odur but high potency. Id still go with a carbon filter regardless. All ua do it get a carbon filter and a duct fan connect it so it sucks through the carbon filter on the the fan then either into a room as it will be smell free or out a chimeny flu if you have one or out a vent of some kind.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Don't believe everything you've read.
    Some of us have had dozens of orders successfully mailed to our houses using our real names and credit cards.
    The gov isn't going to spend tens of thousands of dollars prosecuting a $100 seed order.
    Even if the seeds get caught, all that will happen is that you will get a letter from the post office trying to get you to come pick up the illegal seeds. Ignore that and nothing happens.

Breeder packs are sealed envelope type packages that have the seeds in them.
    Without breeder packs, you can't be completely certain of what a seed really is.
    And seeds can easily get mixed up.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. That sounds easy to do, thanks. I'm a total beginner when it comes to this. I was looking what you suggested, can you get it as an auto (or any specific type can you?). Jesus rhino is expensive. I guess I should be looking not at seeds but the things to start it up

7. I highly recommend growing autos, because they are much easier that regular strains.
    A good source is Mephisto Genetics, but their website is down now because of issues that include credit card payment problems that a lot of seed banks are having right now.
    I recently sent them un-tracked cash for seeds because they are trustworthy.

When you decide whether to grow autos or regular feminized seeds, decide on whether you want indicas, sativas, or something in between, and you'll get some recommendations.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. yea, I was reading about that on some website that had pictures and told all about the process and what everything was (slang wise, I guess you'd call it). I tried to see that site, ah thanks. I would have no idea on that, what type. There was hybrids too, but I have no idea what that is and if it's safe. Do you?

9. Well ya dont need t rhino tonstart a basic one will do but may only last 1 grow or try rhino hobby there cheap and work but only 6-12months. They say 18 but im not so.sure lol i like to know the smell is non existant NL#5 i believe is in auto as well as photo so depends how you wanna grow

Also what lights you going with soil tent ect ect

10. Autos being easier is a misconception they are not forgiving and if you do noob mistakes youll feel it in the yeild the only easy thing is set and forget the light
    At least with photos you fuck up you have time to correct it. I love autos i really do but if youve never grown id go photo NL#5 low odur stable strain cant go wrong all you need to do is some point change light time to 12/12.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. That hasn't been the case with the autos I've grown.

I've had early problems more than once, and the autos recovered nicely.
    Autos are just as forgiving as photos, and maybe even more vigorous.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Indicas are great for sleep.
    Sativas are good for daytime use.
    Hybrids can contain aspects of both indicas and sativas.

Decide what effects you are looking for, and then your strain decision will be easier.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Not that ive seen get an auto right and can be very vigorus. But over water or over nute even use the wrong soil and you can end up yeilding less than an oz.

Ive seen it with many growers on gc over the years autos neing easier is very much a misconception just becsuse they were called automatics but for a beginner thats never grown cress id go with a very stable photoperiod like NL#5. Because its stable and low odur it allows for slipups that youll learn from and then once ya got a grow u der ya belt then go auto if you want too. Just my opinion as most people over water over feed and under light all these will be able to be recoverable for a photo might be a bit slower but you can veg them until youve got a much better idea. Than an auto which can go flower from 14days onwards.

• Like Like x 1
  14. I've read some site ( I forgot which) that said that autos don't need difference in light changes? I'd like to make my own mixture (though it's all online), this isn't the thread to post it though. So, not sure if I can talk about it per the rules. I was thinking of getting an pH meter to show digitally, because I heard it has to be a certain pH? Like 6.7?

15. There are 3 popular auto light schedules, listed in order of most popular first.
    20 - 4
    18 - 6
    24 - 0
    Some people grow autos and flowering regular strains together under 12 -12 lights, but they will yield less.

The lights can be left on the same schedule from seed to harvest.
    That's one of the things that makes autos easier, no light worries.

16. Hi I lived in Indiana for 34 yeas before moving to MI, I've had dozens of seed orders sent to my house hell I had mushroom spores sent to my house using an unemployment card to buy them once. You have a lot of reading to do and also I suggest you watch who you take advice from. Personally I'd be taking advice from Loki he has over 38,000 posts and is well known in GC, honestly though check out growweedeasy for the basics read threw a bunch when you hit something you don't get come here and ask questions and honestly I agree with Loki I love autos but they aren'tore forgiving and the only extra step in a photo is switching a timer to be on for 12hrs off for 12hrs... I grow in a small setting feel free to dm with questions, but read read read and make educated decisions this can be a expensive hobby

JuJu's legal apartment grow

JuJu's legal apartment grow

17. Hey bro, try Great Lakes Genetics our if Michigan. Fast and good prices. It’s of freebies. They’re solid. James beans takes credit card here in the states and is good. Oregon elite seeds is awesome as well. Forget the other Ones people are mentioning

• Like Like x 2
  18. Bodhi is offering a Northern lights #5 that’s supposed to be fire

19. Oh I love that website, growweedeasy, it has pictures lol. That sounds dumb, but I'm more of a visual learner and it helps to understand better what they are talking about. I completely agree though! I'm not looking to do it right this second. I've heard so many people just say, yea grow now. No way, it IS going to be expensive as hell. Just looking at pricing of things, I can't do it at the moment anyways even if I wanted to. Knowledge is the best thing though. Learn all you can and ask questions if you're stumped. I just got told something last night, I think it was more of a scare tactic to be honest. It still worked, I'm scared of that happening, but I don't think it would happen like he said.

I stopped researching awhile back ago, and just been buying instead. I've been working like a slave :( I've heard that it's a toss up with auto's, it seems. I've heard you can make mistakes, but the 'mistakes' are from people that it seems don't know how to grow anything(?). Like some people have said, if you water it too much... well duh lol. That's why they have those... I forgot what you call it, but it tells you if the plant needs more water or if it's too dry. And, the last thing I was looking up awhile back ago was a pH digital soil thermometer.

Thanks

• Like Like x 1