Seed Trading

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by bongstar420, May 8, 2009.

1. #1 bongstar420, May 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2009
    Hello,

Im operating a small legal grow in Oregon for a person with a medical liscense. She is a flake, and I cannot get to any Medipot meetings with her. I am not registered as the operation is at her house. I would like to find a person or two that would be able to engage in material trading and developmental technique sharing. I have a degree in Integrated Horticultural Production, so I am fairly competant on the subject of horticulture. I currently have one contact in California who has recently registered with the state. I should gain access to some seedbank quality seed or clonal material from him shortly. Most notably, I am looking forward to working with Arjan's Haze, but also The Church for outdoor development.

I currently hold two seperate linages that are related by a common father. One linage was born of a Great White Shark female and possibly a Durban Poison male, but I dont know. The other was mothered by a so called Trinity Trainwreck female and pollenated by an unidentified male that was very likely to be of notable quality. The distributor stated that linage of the stock was likely legtimate as he trusted the grower and the grower trusted the seed source. As it goes, who knows. I just dont know who the fathers were. I forgot. The Shark seems to be inline tho. I dont know about the Train, but the it was nice.

The common father for the two linages is an unidentified male from a sack of exceptional quality dank or was the result of a selection from a cross I made from two sacks of exceptional quality dank quality from my first labeled grow. I dont remember, and it probably doesnt matter much. Mostly, I just want to seperate traits and isolate them into their own cultivars, preferably seed cultivars.

The three original seed lines were named SL, TL, and G1 respectivly. The names stand for Shark Linage, Train Linage, and Grow 1. SL and TL were the mothers and G1 was the father.

So I have right now a few seed of TL x G1, a good bit of SL x G1, (SL x G1)2, Sw(SL x G1)3*, and some seed of SL x G1 x (SL x G1)2 that is immature and may not germinate. *Sw=Sweet

The TL line is definately more sativa as it is flowering at least 2 weeks behind the SL's and exibits less branching generally.

These plants exhibit a fair range of variability in metabolism, appearance, taste, yield, timing.

SL has about a two week range from 8-10wks flower with most around 8. The odors are of sweetgrass, candy, citrus, and pinapple. Some plants are much slower metabolizers then others and there is a definate color variation in green. The fan leaves that come on later in flowering are usually resin coated (should be if it is a White strain). The plants all have a very bushy, indica growth structure and colas are about 6-8 inches with branching at the bottom.

I did my best to keep my labeling straigt, but I could have my linages mixed up. The TL isnt mixed tho cause I have about 20-40 seed of that, but hundreds of seeds of differant crossed of the SL type. I will have a few hundred seed of (TL x G1) x (TL x G1) from three distinct females (one M>F), two crosses of (SL xG1) x (TL x G1), and one cross of (SL x G1)2 x (TL x G1). For males (the TL x G1 father in this case) I pick healthy medium range specimens. I have some notion that really big males arnt that good, I don know. So, there will be 6 distinct crosses with a low percentage of a bonus father cross from the M>F plant. I was hoping the bonus cross would be mostly scattered in the crop due to natural dissimination, but I suspect I was messy with my pollenation.

Im just growing the TL line. It appears taller, less branched, later flowering, less odor (its starting to come on), lighter colored on average. Of 5 plants, 3 came female. These plants provide the initial pool for the TL linageI probably reverted one male to female with auxins. The M>F plant appeared to be male then grew out to fem. This plant produced a very small amount of pollen from the initial male organs that I let drift around, so there may be a few seed here and there from this plant. This pool will be considered lightly tainted from the pollen from the M>F TL plant. The M>F plant set up flower faster then the two other fems (it flowered closer in line with the SL plants), and had a strange branching pattern with several nodes producing 4 and 6 branches instead of two. The sex organ sites converted to vegetative shoots. I think this may be related to sex reversal and auxins.

Any one interested?

2. I know this was written forever ago,I was wondering how u made out

• Like Like x 2