Seed Starter Mix

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by TheOldReliable, Apr 21, 2011.

1. Hello :wave:

So the other night I noticed seed starter mix in the store and wondered if that is useful to use for the germination stage and early veg. state until transplant into bigger pot with Fox Farm organic soil? thanks :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. What does the kit come with..? It may not be worth the time to or money to buy that.. Germination can be done a few different ways, but I've found simpler is better...

3. MG Seed starting mix is what i currently have my babies in and looking great!

The only reason i used it was i grabbed it for starting tomatos, peppers and such for my outdoor garden...figured why not try it with MJ too!

First time i ever used it....i actually germed(paper towel method) for 18-20hrs then stuck em in some rooting plugs under dome till decent rooting, then placed plugs/seedlings in 1.5 or 2qt(stoned memory loss) cups filled with MG seed starting mix. They have been in the mix for 3wks and are doing great w no deficiencies...feeding with glacier mist bottled water.

Hope this eases any confusion and good luck!

"The more you learn, the more you grow. The more you grow, the more you learn."

4. well I would simply germinate using this soil as if I were using fox farm ocean forest the whole growing cycle. Its basic seed starter soil and I wonder if that is good for a new seedling to sprout in. I would then transfer into proper size pot filled with ocean forest. :)

5. Thanks for the info. first grow coming up soon. I wouldn't be putting them in rooting plugs so I wonder if the seed alone could take root strong enough in the soil starter? thanks :)

6. the seed alone can take root strong enough in soil starter :) but why not just start with your organic foxfarm?

7. I'm probably leaning torwards that. Just seeing if anyone out there has any insight I don't. There are a million and one ways to grow once you actually take it seriously :)

8. Yeah you can surely plant directly into the soil, i only used the plugs out of a whim.

Couple nice things about the MG starting mix is; It does not have slow-release ferts and it's nice n lite w/plenty of K for strong rooting. Mine have a hella root system already!