Seed Size and Germination Questions???

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by JavaFalcon, May 20, 2010.

1. Hello. I've helped friends with grows before but im sort of new to the whole seeds and germination process. I have 10 bag seeds that have been germinating in a soaked paper towel in a sealed tupperware in about 78 degrees F. They've been going for about 6 days and they've only swelled up without cracking. However, the seeds seemed kind of small to me but how big should good seeds be? And What is the longest that germination should take?

Thanks for your help. I'm hoping to get my seeds going soon, I'm already a bit late at starting my outdoor grow so please hurry!

2. Seed size doesn't matter.

If they are swelling then you acomplished the task of germination. Germinating is all about getting water into the seed so it can start to do it's thing. I would give it a few more days to be sure, they should be popping any time now.

3. Thanks for the info! Just being on here and seeing people say they get their tap roots poping out in 1~2 days got me a bit impatient and worried. +rep!

4. Just to be sure, I would take them out and do the cup of water test. If your seeds float, they aren't good. If they sink, then they just need more time.