Seed recommendation for NJ outdoor

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by cabalot, Aug 24, 2012.

1. Grew my first this summer from bag seed. Both plants turned out male but I learned a lot. They started to show sex and I guess flower or what ever male plants do mid August. I live in NJ. I want to grow indica because the plants are short and I am growing stealth. I prefer the heavy couch potato buzz to relax after work. Sativa is great on weekends when I drink and it gives me energy so I can stay up but it makes my thoughts race when i dont drink. Next year I will buy some good seeds from a reputable seed bank. I germinate my seeds in a paper towel then plant them in one of those seedling cups from lowes then transplant to a large 5 gallon pot of Harvest organic fertilized soil with an addition of vermiculite and Miracle grow organic blood meal and bone meal. I nut with MG organic choice all purpose plant food. Can any on recommend a good outdoor strain of indica that would do well in NJ?

2. white widow or northern lights

3. Biddy Early from serious seeds is a very nice strain. Blue widow from dinafem is as well but she can get big so you should probably wait until early june to plant her.

Cabalot, i would reconsider the MG organic choice soil. If you google, youll find Waynes comparision grow in which he grows a number of soils side by side and the Organic Choice produced the worst results from a test of about 5 differnt soils.

Harvest makes a nice organic soil but its a bit hot in my view and needs to be seasoned alittle more. Buy it in the fall and let it overwinter outdoors which will cause it to deteriorate a bit before planting time in the spring.

4. I've also been.wondering this....I want 2 indicated and 2 sativa next year.

Some big yield

5. I am a outdoor grower in northern nj, my first crop i used mg i found in my garage and my ladies didn't seem to like it. next spring i went to 77 hydro in West Caldwell to pick up fox farms ocean forest and the same exact strains performed better in yield and quality in the Fox Farms soil. just a suggestion, but everybody prefers different methods