Seed Production?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Inkehl, Oct 2, 2008.

1. I've just bought some auto flowering lowryder seeds.

The problem is that they have no vegetative state, they claim to jump straight to the flowering stage. So this rules out clones, every plant has to be grown from a seed.

Does anyone have any advice on how to force a plant to become male?

I saw a product once that you could soak the seed in and it would be female.

Don't spose there is anything like that for making male seeds?

I'm having trouble turning up any information on getting a plant to make seeds. Because as we all know. no one wants males.

2. If they were not feminized seeds the odds are great you'll get males. You can always try stressing a female to force it to go herm.

I'm not a big fan of the autoflowering strains yet. Lower yields and quality, but they are great for outdoor stealth grows for an early harvest.

3. Yeah they do have small yields, But I have limited growing space at the moment so the low rider strain suits my needs. Plus I like the idea of auto flowering. Almost seems idiot proof.

How can I force a female plant to go male?

4. I have never personally done this, but I know that using (no idea exactly how) gibberelic acid can cause a female plant to develop male flowers.
    A search on here or a google may well uncover more info.