seed or clone what works better ?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Dsmokey420, Apr 12, 2013.

1. I am doing a outdoor this year and I want to know every ones input on what works betterseeds or clones?

2. seeds are always more vigorous growers from my experience. clones have an adjustment period that slows em down after the initial transplant to outdoors. also if you transplant a clone thats been runnin on 18hrs of light to an outdoor environment on 13-14hrs of light (early spring) you may start flowering prematurely then revert back to veg once light gets longer in summer. happened to me last season so im poppin seeds under cfos this year and putting them outdoors.

3. The same can happen to a plant from seed though. You start a seedling inside then move it out you can shock it from the change (my ft tall seed plants wilted like crazy when I first moved them outdoors), and if you start a seed indoors early then move it out, it can flower early too. Seeds are only easier if you start them outdoors IMO.

4. I have several seed and clone plants growing this year and they are all about the same size. The main difference is my seed plants have beefier stalks and want to grow more straight up. The clone plants are much bushier.

5. seeds are best but clones are cheaper and i grow outdoors in the UK an u should start em durin veg harden by puttin em in daylight and cooler temp for cpl hrs each day and keep ur veg on 24hrs.i sit clones on window sill during dark.this stresses the plant but lets it adapt to cool temps.works 4 me an im growin in one of hardest places in world to grow outdoors an have to pick strains carefully tho auto's do gr8 and are big here in scotland.hope this helps.peace