Seed Help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Ms.NatureFaerie, Sep 23, 2008.

1. How long are seeds good and is there any way I can store them that will keep them good for longer? Thanks!

2. Keep them in a dark, dry place. Seeds found in pyramids, thousands of years old, germinated OK. Don´t think they were MJ though.

3. Canth is right I know of MJ seeds lasting 20 years +

4. Absolutely, mels, seeds for my 2009 grow were produced from my WWs in 2005. There will be no problem.

5. Personally I store seeds in prescription bottles or aspirin bottles... also make sure you leave the silica pack in there to aid in moisture removal. You can freeze your seeds but it involves a process (not simply throwing them in the freezer) so ya may want to avoid that one unless ya read up on it.

I've germ'd seeds after being in storage for 2+yrs... keep em dark, dry and cool.

6. I have seeds that are at least 5 or so yrs old. Nevil's Skunk #1 seeds I have were produced in the late 90's and I just popped 3 of them. I keep mine in film cases w/ silica packs. It is easy to aquire silica packs, they put them in almost anything packaged. scipt bottles work well also. As long as they are not exposed to extreme heat or moisture they can last for a very long time.

less

7. as mentioned, keep your beans in a cool, dry, dark place. i keep my beans swimming in a mass of uncooked whole rice (instant won't work.) the rice acts as an insulator and a desiccant.

8. Thanks for the help everyone! I figured they would be fine, but I just wasn't sure and I know people here at GC would kindly respond. I am not waiting years to grow or anything. Just like 4 to 8 months. I will keep them in a cool, dark, and dry place for sure.

:wave:

9. When seed are in dark,15-20 Celcius, dry, wentilating,it can stay in good condition about 1-2 years.I read it in some seed bank seeds info.

10. Several thousand times longer than that !!!

11. i just read in some seed bank grow info.