Seed growing journal?

Discussion in 'Cannabis Breeding' started by Snib247, Aug 14, 2018.

1. I was looking to see if anyone had posted a feminized seed growing journal. I have an extra tent I want to utilize for seed production.

My plan is to use colloidal silver, and soak one plant in the tent everyday until it produces balls, then keep the tent closed with a fan on 99% of the time with 3-4 other smaller plants to make feminized seeds. Is this a bad idea to get a lot of seeds to store for the coming years?
    PS, I know not to smoke the plant I sprayed the silver on.

Anyone that has done this before? Any tips or tricks would be great!

2. Instead of seeding 4-5 plants, why don't you just do a branch on each one? It should get you plenty of seeds.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. I'm not so sure that I am careful enough. How long should I leave the fan off after applying pollen to the growth tips to avoid getting it everywhere?

4. Maybe you could go regular and pollinate with a vigorous male

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. I just think of all the wasted dirt and time/effort. All I really want is feminized from here on out.

6. Another method for getting feminized seed is messing with the light schedule. 10 days after you switch to 12-12, give them 20 minutes of light during the dark period. Continue this for 10 days. You should have some feminized seed. I got about 200 feminized seed from a plant that I really liked following this method about a month ago. I actually got to smoke the bud as well. It was pretty good as well.

7. I did something like that by accident once.. I had one branch turn Hermie.. does that mean those seeds are feminized?! I have like 20 of them haha

8. Yes those will be feminized seeds because there was no male chromosome involved in production of those seeds.

9. Suhweeet!!!

10. It’s only one cycle mate then you got seeds for life

11. Ok, well let me ask you this.. how soon before pollen sacs open can you successfully tell it's a male plant? Figure.. I'm going to throw half of the plants away, and I don't want seed in future bud. I'm still pretty new to the whole group scene.

12. You can tell if it’s a male or not weeks before pollen sacks open around two weeks max into 12/12 light cycle. You will see little balls forming as opposed to the white hairs on females. If you let vigorous male pollinate a female to produce seeds you will have MANY.

The other option is to start LOTS of regular seeds and yeah, simply discard the males. Whatever you do, has to be regular seeds mate, forget fems or autos they’re rubbish. Stick with nature. Hope that helps a bit.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Other than fast growth, how do you select the "best" male of the bunch