Security

Discussion in 'General Forum Feedback' started by StOnEy, Apr 16, 2003.

1. I would like to see a Security and Cloning boards. I don't see any threads regarding security on this site. Can one of the mods please direct me to a good post are explain about Ip address logging and what security measures are being taken on this board. Thank you..

2. To tell you the exact security measures that are in effect could possibly jeopardize security, in some way or another. I can assure you, though, that this is a very secure site.

3. Yea, I'm not too worried anymore...isn't the server in Amsterdam or something?

4. I don't think that was a sufficient enough of a answer. You can at least answer if you log IP addresses. This should be of many posters concern. I too run a VB Board and think that Security should always come first. If you would like a list of the info I would like I could present it to you. But atleast let me know if you log IPs. Its important to know if everything is being recorded. Cuz that's not good. I have grown for many years and could bring this site much knowledge. Is this site represented by a seed company? I am from the states. So I have lots of rights to be paranoid. Thank you for your time.

5. Of course IP addresses are logged, how could we permanently ban someone who doesn't know how to act online?

If you're that paranoid then don't bother posting pics of your plants, just to be safe.

6. This server is in amsterdam. This site has the best security that there is.. The owner of the site protects us from anything that comes along..

The site does log IP's. The only people who can see these are the Admins and Mods as far as I know..

I am in the US too, and I feel that this is the safest site around!!!!

7. Yep, I trust this site. I think that u should have no problem.