Security question

Discussion in 'General' started by blazing4204365, Oct 4, 2016.

1. Hello fellow smokers!

Im a fairly new grower and has been using GC to look for information before i started growing as well as after. It has been interesting to follow some ppls journals so i wanted to share some of my upcoming projects as well but not sure what i need to do to be able to do so without worring about internet traces etc since i live in a country where growing is illegal and lawenforcement primarly focus on MJ-busts where i live :/

So, anyone know how i can post free and secure?

(Sorry for grammar misses, English is not my language and im high af :) )

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  2. If you search , post , look at , or visit a site its on your computer .

3. I live in a state where basically every mind altering substance, including MJ, is illegal (except alcohol). I talk about them all the time and don't give two shits, because I know the DEA isn't gonna take the time to trace and confront me over smoking a blunt or talking about growing a plant on this website. Unless your country's government is extremely corrupt and monitors every citizens web history or is backwards assed (no offense), you should be fine.

4. #4 losthelastone, Oct 4, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2016
    @blazing4204365 Its hard to be 100% invisible online, face it. You are going to leave traces but you sure as hell can minimize your exposure.
    1- Tell no one. I mean, no one. If the govt has no reason to look for you, you are off to a good and safe start.
    2- Control Smells, visits, dont bring attention to your grow (loud music at night so on..).
    Tech stuff now
    3- If you going to share online and you dont want to expose you real ip (which can lead to your real address) at least use a VPN (I recommend AirVPN.org) this will encrypt and tunnel all of your internet traffic through a secure server, this way both your ISP and Govt will only know that you connected to a server but they cant tell which websites you visited and which kind of data you transfered.
    4- Use incognito tab or private window. Every major browser has this feature, it allows you to browse the internet and it wont save history, logins, cookies from the websites you visited in your computer.
    5- Dont use your main email, previously used usernames or previously used passwords. Create everything new and use it only here (or other forums but a new identity for each website is better).
    6- Be Careful with the content you share. Images can have reflections, you might also over-share info that can be used to link illegal activity to you. Talk about plants, show pics of plants, nothing but(if you are really scared).

Those are just general tips... security is a big topic and its hard to find a "one size fits all" answer. Keep researching!
    Governments dont want to waste efforts to lock you up for 2 plants unless they want to make an example or if you make it too obvious that you are growing. Stay small always!

Best of luck!

Obs. I do not recommend or incentive anyone to break laws. Its up to each individual to know what is right and just.