Secret Jardin DR120T weight concerns. please help

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Toke N' Choke, Jul 25, 2012.

1. #1 Toke N' Choke, Jul 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2012
    Hey Guys,

I bought a Secret Jardin DR120T. I bought most of my equipment, but have some weight concerns. Each section of the tent can support up to 65lbs I believe.

My concern with the tent being able to support a sealed 1000w Lumatek sealed light(about 35lbs) and this Active Air 1312 Filter Combo I bought this, but all separately.

I'm guessing that this probably won't work, but is there anyway possible? Maybe somehow adding extra support? I'm debating about return the filter and getting something like a phresh filter. They seem like they weigh less though I don't know by how much.

I was gonna do something like this http://forum.grasscity.com/grow-roo...lp-secret-jardin-dr120-tent-setup-please.html

Thanks

2. You could just build a frame of 2x4s inside the tent to hold up your filter. Or sit your filter on the ground in the tent.

3. cool thanks for the idea; I didn't know if having it on the bottom would be good because hot air would be uptop; cooler air on the bottom.

I'm really debating on switching to a phresh filter, but couldn't find anywhere the weight of them. I sent them and greners an email tonight to find out what the weight would be. If it's a saivng in 10 or so pounds I'm definitely gonna swap it out. Between the filter and the light should be around 50lbs I'm hoping. Fan maybe a few more.