Secret jardin 4x4 question

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by plast0ner, Sep 8, 2015.

1. hey I'm after input from anyone using the dr120. I'm thinking of purchasing this tent but am worried it won't support my planned setup. I want to go air cooled hood + have a CF mounted at the top of the tent, with the fan etc I suspect this to weigh anywhere from 65lbs - 80lbs. Will this tent hold that weight or should I go with a 4x4 gorilla instead?

2. Gorilla. I'm using a secret jardin and can say it would most likely not hold it unless you found some way to perfectly have it sit on the bars. Or get a fan you can mount on a wall next to it. that's what I had to do for my inline and exhaust.

3. thanks for the reply, I'm thinking I might play it safe and go for a gorilla. I've been looking around and found another tent "jungle room" grow tent. They are 1/3 the price basically but are 100% steel framed and claim to support 80kg (160lbs roughly) has anyone bought one of these? They honestly look pretty well made from what I can tell

4. #4 weneedthis, Sep 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2015
    Honestly I'd spend more on a tent if I could redo it. It's a lot more important than it seems, when getting one that's not so good. Thicker fabric, a zipper that doesn't break easily and leak light. Vents that were easier to cover for less light leakage. Sturdier poles for the frame. Spend more for a better product imo, if it's within your budget.

5. thanks for the advice! So do you recommend going with the gorilla then?

6. For sure. The durability and quality is key. If you're going to use the cheaper route, I'd just make a little set up for more bang for your buck, instead of getting a cheaper tent! That's just IMO though. Do whatever suits you, but a gorilla tent I'd definitely choose over the one I have now.

7. I have a gorilla tent , hell. I got 2. I have a 4'x4' and a 8'x8' both in the heavy duty not the lite line and I personally love them. I weigh 220lbs and can hang from the roof supports on both tents. Hope that helps your decision.

8. I own the dr 120, i have a 35 lb light with 25 lbs in fans and filter hanging in there. This one def seems stronger then my 5x5 dr. Both have cheap poles. I would advise going with the best you can. You won't regret a gorilla. You might regret the dr.