second opinions please!!

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Burmesekush, Dec 4, 2009.

1. I was told this was a simple nitrogen deficiency but i would like a second opinion since that was the only reply and i cant find pictures of similar problems anywhere!!!
    started flowering a 6 week old euphofia 2 days ago, just turned on the light 2 secs ago, and noticed brown spots on the new leaves at the top. now i already have a problem with it, i think i was over watering it and the chlorine levels are two high in it, i only figured this out during the week, i havent watered them yet, so i cant see an improvement yet. the leaves are all light green with yellow tips. it started off normal color llike, then the tips all started to go yellow, but i didnt think anything was wrong because it was growing FAST and it looked like the plant was supposed to be that color. it got worse and worse till i realised it was a problem..................... So, the problem has changed, both the yellow, and healthy NEW leaves have got brown spots on them. i know for a FACT that they were not like that yesterday, because i spent about 20 mins lookin through the whole plant for defaults with it, and they were NOT there.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

The ph is around 6.5
    have been using tap water without leaving it stand for a while, my first grow and i just found that out recently.
    I have a 600watt hps
    dont have a temperature gage.
    Anything else you wanna know just ask!
    PLEASE help...I love my babies

2. your ph may be 6.5 but its still tap water. doing whatever you did (unless you boiled it) will not remove the salts. Thats probably whats building up in the soil. I'd try flushing with distilled bro. Since you dont have a thermometer, might wanna try getting one. Maybe things got too hot in there and you weren't around?

Either way doesnt look like its gonna die so just try the flush and let it be for a few days.

Keep me posted, Hope I Helped :)

3. looks like a deficency of some sort maybe mag or cal def. Dosen't show the tell tale signs of a nitrogen def the older leaves die first when this happpens. What are you feeding schedule? might be a nut lock out? but that plant looks pretty big and big plant require lots of food i had a five footer that showed the new growth like yours and hit it with a good organic fert with traced minerial and it cleared up right away.

4. Guys thanks for the help...I haven't fed it much nutes because i've been warned so much not to OVER feed...Im leaving the water sit now for a couple of days....I'm going to feed it a little more nutes and hopefully my babies will be ok...Great help...THANKS

5. I might try flushing them but i have no experience doing that so i want to make sure it is needed before i fu** it up...any info on flushing would be appreciated also..

6. i have some sprouts that are having the same problem on a smaller scale and im watering with tap water as well will boiling remove what needs to be removed ??