Second Grow!

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by LoneGardener, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Done..... for now....

The ever changing room!

QB went in last night. Now sitting at 645 watts between the 2 lights for 15 sf. Puts me right in the sweet spot of 43 watts/sf.

Can really tell the difference between the 2 types of lighting.
    It will be interesting to see the growth difference between the 2 sides even with both lights being 320 and 325 watts each.

Watering system is working well. Had to change back to 3, 1 min feedings/day as there was waaaay too much runoff from 2, 2 min feedings/day. Another week and they should be good and wound up in the pots (2 gallon) and will start drinking more. Big one in the back is already there and I have to hand water an extra litre into it to get run-off.

First crop has been drying and curing almost a month now. Nice smooth smoke, burns pretty good. Buds are all fluffy and lots of airy stuff.

The strain was supposed to be 1:1 at about 10%. I figure its around 6-7% based on how much I have to dose (capsules) using the same recipe as from known % bud. All and all, not bad for a first crop, just over a half pound of medicine. A win in my books!

Cheers!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Thanks!

For the drip system. After all the reading and humming and hawing I tried to keep it simple to see if what I came up with worked.

Its a closed loop (1/2 inch tube) around the outside of the table and 1/4 inch lines tapped into the line. Just up and into the pots to a "t" then an inch or so tube with a "t" on the end of that. In theory there are 4 drips/flows to each and should all be the same amount as the rise and runs are the same on all of them. I didn't add any valves for flow control since I had/have 3 pumps to try out for flow. I settled on the 190gph. seems adequate for now.

in theory of course...

I have an extra drip line so I can hook up beaker and draw from the lines to check flow and ppm of whats running thru the lines. Hoping if there's a build up in the lines I will find out sooner rather than later if i check whats flowing thru once a week.

hoping to stay ahead of issues!

:bongin:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Did you use an in-line filter after the pump? Also recommend drip clean or florakleen for res to keep lines and pots from salt buildup. A simple valve after pump will give you ability to restrict flow and feed more evenly. Also adding a length of tubing to the tees and closing off ends with zip ties then drilled 1/8” holes about an inch apart, basically making an open ended drip tube to place around the base and feed more evenly.

Just a few suggestions to help dial it in. Glad to see another DTW coco guy going all in!!

https://forum.grasscity.com/threads...multifeed-3strain-sog.1521466/#post-24367508-

https://forum.grasscity.com/threads/soil2coco’s-indoor-multi-strain-journal.1501405/

• Like Like x 1
  4. No filter, yet.
    Didn't even think of the line cleaner, thanks.

Was gonna make drip tubes/rings once i figured out if the first part worked! Will try what you suggested. Was having trouble thinking of design.

Thanks for the tips!
    I've added to my shopping list!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Navigating through my old journal is a PITA. Hope these pics help spark some ideas for you

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

https://forum.grasscity.com/threads...multifeed-3strain-sog.1521466/#post-24367508-

https://forum.grasscity.com/threads/soil2coco’s-indoor-multi-strain-journal.1501405/

• Like Like x 1
  6. Nice! Thanks for the product info. Save me some time!

I tried the aerating too in my res and mine rose as well. I came up with a compromise for that and just have a small 30 gph (i think) small aquarium pump suspended in the solution. It floats around and keeps it well mixed and doesn't raise the ph. Got rid of the smell that came up with the stagnant water/solution sitting there in the summer, started to smell pretty nasty towards weekend!

No added noise with it as its suspended so that was a good thing!

• Like Like x 1
  7. within an hour my ph shoots up out of range. even with just plain water, not just nute solution.

as to why... sounds like a science thingy...

8. If you ph nutes to 5.0 and aerate, once saturated with o2, ph stabilizes around that 5.8-6.0. I run a range from 5.7-6.3 or so, whenever I catch it and lower back to 5.7 through the week.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. good to know!

I've been letting the ph swing this grow and have a few leaves to prove it! lol

last time I didnt and that wound up affecting things in the end. one of many lessons!

• Like Like x 1
  10. So I went away for a week during week 3 of the stretch!

Holy shit I had to trim them all back pretty hard. I filled up a Home Depot bucket with all of it. Stinky and sticky but not developed. Into the freezer till trash day.

Lookin good. Everything holding steady.

Gave them a quick 3l flush with 1/4 nutes and calmag to see what the runoff was. All around 650 and ph was in range.

Good growth and the buds are really starting to develop.

Cure from first crop is groing well. Flavour changed this past week. Wife says she smells Licorise notes in it. I'm note sure, my sniffer ain't quite right so shes probably on the money there.

Its a nice smoke, burns evenly in a j and is pretty smooth going down.

Cheers!

Attached Files:

11. 4 days after heavy pruning.

Doesn't seem to have slowed them down much. Stretch seems to be done now. Supercropped a few more this week.

Steady as she goes.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  12. Wow that looks amazing man! frosty like a snowman !

You should fill the space with more LEDs and get a try out some deep water culture hydro systems. You would have some insane plants! Im still very jealous of your grow space it looks so nice! Put up some reflective mylar and your in business.

Cant wait to see the outcome!

Cheers

GROW *GOD BUD* GROW

13. Thanks Dude!

I was actually going to pain it all white instead of the mylar. I just happen to have some on hand.

I might swap out the COB for another quantum fixture but not for a while. Blew the budget long ago!

Stay tuned! 5 more weeks to go

• Like Like x 1
  14. Oh yeah thats a good idea too!

You know what your doing, love the grow!

Cheers

GROW *GOD BUD* GROW

15. Starting week 7 since flipping to 12/12.

3 more weeks for sure. Buds are starting to really plump up.

Steady as she goes!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1